Forums    General Discussions    1984 Euro - Standard Shift - 25' w an 8.2L Detroit
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1984 Euro - Standard Shift - 25' w an 8.2L Detroit
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
I was reading some older posts by member Richard & Lee and decided to contact them to find out more about their Euro.

Data Tag #8406-3107-25S15

Check out the photos and tell me what you think and what looks different about their coach.

Look at the grill.

What size tires are those?

What's that extra pedal doing in there?

Pull Down bed

Rear exhaust stack

Interior views

From what I understand, the frame (F600) was delivered by a Ford Dealer to Barth so they could install a Euro body on it for his own use.

They plan on making it to Quartzite this winter. Smiler

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:

Check out the photos and tell me what you think and what looks different about their coach.

Look at the grill.

Smiler

That front end treatment was originally part of a Barth effort to interest the studios in a James Bond RV movie. Those tubes are rocket launchers.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
A response to the question on tire size
quote:
Front tires are 255/70R22.5 semi tires, 14
or 15 ply, rated for 100,000 miles. Rears are 8.25R20 with tubes.
Stick shift is cool too especially going down mountain grades, let
the gears do the work. What was your question about the grill and
the third pedal, it is the clutch.
I was also informed that the third pedal was a clutch pedal. I guess it wasn't evident that I was making a joke. Big Grin

I have to admit that this is one really different Euro. I am trying to get more info on it's history for future reference. I also am encouraging the owners to post more first hand accounts of this coach.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Many of the RV manufactures have been exporting to Europe for years. Met a caravan of Winnebagos heading for Baltimore back in the 80s. They were all diesel powered, but not available in the USA. No body in Europe would buy a gas powered unit.

You might also be aware that many Mfgers went from 96" to 100" wide as 102" inch is not legal in Europe.

We saw a number of Fiat based small RVs (diesel) this past summer.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post