Forums    General Discussions    the Barth Motorhome association ???
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

the Barth Motorhome association ???
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
While doing a search on MCC motorhome came across obit of J.EDWIN FRIDLEY March2/13 of Ohio who among other things was a member of The Barth Motorhome Association!
I just did an extensive google search and found absolutely nothing about the Barth Motorhome association!!!
....anybody know anything???

http://edoqs.com/pdf/j-edwin-f...50ff3d52ebc5671b0774

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Was probably Barth Rangers. But, neither his family nor I really know.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Braley
posted Hide Post
I knew Ed Fridley and, yes, he and Betty were members of the Barth Rangers here in Ohio. I believe their son now has their motor home. Ed was a WWII veteran and survived the boxcar trip and several months in a German POW camp. Several of the original members of the club had sold their Barth units so the name was changed to Buckeye Rangers because we all still wanted to keep in touch. For about the last three years, however, we have not done any camping but have an annual get-together in August for pot-luck lunch and exchanging news. Blue and Ruby Snyder live in Elyria but winter in AZ, having sold their Winnebago this year; other names some of you may remember are Calvin Bernhard (Vivian passed away several years ago), Dale & Mary Lane Harlamert, Joann Huffman (gave her truck camper to her son), Paul and Mary Ellen (can't remember last name. My parents, Vernie and Florence Schultz, were members, Cliff & Sarah Peters, Charles and Hazel Fernwault, all being deceased now. I probably have left some out - there are some members who had never owned a Barth but joined as friends with their NAB units.

Braley

Posts: 42 | Location: Milan, OH | Member Since: 07-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Barth Ranger membership directory 1/1/2000 . Mr. Fridley & his wife Betty are listed, Membership Barth #1782 . I hope this is of some help . Paul Nance
quote:
Originally posted by Mogan David:
Was probably Barth Rangers. But, neither his family nor I really know.

Posts: 35 | Location: Southeast Kansas | Member Since: 10-07-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a Barth Ranger membership directory 1/1/2000

There is a "1224" on my Euro. Could that have been someone from N.C. ?

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Braley
posted Hide Post
My 1992 Barth has a number 2142 on the front and the back; I bought it in 2006 from a couple in Cortland, OH and they had purchased it in 2000 from a dealer in Pennsylvania. Of course I am curious about the original owner, if someone with a directory might find that information.
Braley

Posts: 42 | Location: Milan, OH | Member Since: 07-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Braley
posted Hide Post
I've been going through some old papers and pictures from my parents, Vernie and Florence Schultz of Milan, OH. There is a 1975 Barth Rangers directory that lists identification numbers starting with #000 owned by Robert and Ava Barth in Warsaw, IN. and ending with #847 owned by Charles Walden of Winchester, KY. The first 29 units were the charter members of the Barth Rangers.

At the back of the booklet, there is an alphabetical listing of about 200 owners who had not been issued coach numbers because they had not paid the annual club dues.

All the Ohio owners have been noted by my parents and I met many of the actual club members when they visited here. I do not recognize any of the names in the alphabetical listing.

Was the Barth Rangers officially dissolved, or did it just sort of fade away?

Braley

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I think they just faded away. Old age claimed many members. By the late nineties they were down to only a few members. There was a joint GTG back when Dave Bowers first ran this site. (early 2000's?) There was some disagreement about that event and no others have been scheduled since.

They never got into the web thing and several took issue with Dave creating this "upstart" web site, but they never made any attempts to reconcile here.

Their president for years was Lee Merriman. When the Rangers voted him out and elected Hank Wadley as president (early 2000's?), Lee got bent out of shape and dropped all contact with the Rangers. Rumor has it he still has many Barth files and documents which he holds hostage for no apparent reason.

I met Hank at the Milford GTG back in 2012. He was amiable and was willing to join forces but had almost no members left and no official Ranger plans for the future. Since then it appears the Rangers have faded away completely.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
The Barth Rangers were dissolved. The previous owner of my Barth received a check from Barth Rangers when they closed up.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
sooooo, would this be a reason to start it back up again...?

M/C-W

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not see any need for a new Barth Rangers. We have a good Barth information source right here on Barthmobile.com

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
So sounds like my Regency now has a name..The Barth Ranger ( I'm a retired Park Ranger..) and as an commemoration to the past folks back in the day..

or maybe '..Barth Ranger..' instead as don't want to step on any toes..

M/C-W

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about Ranger Barth? ROTFLMAO

Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
How about Ranger Barth? ROTFLMAO

its late here in Maine.. thats what I meant..

Ha!

M/C-W

M/C-W