Forums    General Discussions    Volunteer work in Florida!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Volunteer work in Florida!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Hi,all. I currently own Nick and Donna Cagle's '93 Regency and am a full-timer as of August. I'd love to make the gtg but am committed as a volunteer at Stephen Foster State Park in White Springs, FL through December. Early December is our Festival of Lights so we're crazy busy then.
If anyone is coming through White Springs on their way to or from the gtg, please let me know. I've never seen another Barth in person and would love to. Hope you guys have a great time and I'm looking forward to meeting you!
Rhonda

Volunteer work in Florida! How did you get on the program so F-A-S-T? I applied four years ago. I suspect it is not what you know, but WHO you know?

Where is that state park located?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
Where is that state park located?

http://www.stateparks.com/step...park_in_florida.html

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
It's not who you know. It's timing and persistence.

Rusty is correct on the timing. They needed help at a State Park in Georgia, when I was there. I could have stayed and signed on.

I also have not been persistent to become a host.

Thanks for the location link Mike. It is farther north than I would volunteer for.

I still have lots of work to do on the Barth yet. Maybe next year will better suit my schedule for volunteer work.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post