Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1965 Barth Travel Trailer
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/10
Picture of McBarth
posted
Greetings! I'm so impressed with this website and all the wonderful people! Just a shout out about our 1965 Barth (D6_370_18) It's pretty much original but still a work in progress. She was in need of a good cleaning and doesn't look to bad now. Hope to get her road worthy next year! Tooling Along

Posts: 14 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 01-26-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
We would like to know all about your trailer and we love to see pictures also.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Just got some photos... Thanks!!! Will post more if they are sent to us.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
Just got some photos... Thanks!!! Will post more if they are sent to us.
Here are some additional pictures.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Nice pix, nice trailer. Generates some nostalgia. Our first travel trailer in 1969 was an 18.5' stick & staple unit with a floor plan similar to one of the Barth rear gaucho models. Our extra 6" allowed the front dinette to make into a king-size bed.

Barth was optimistic about their trailer being affordable for the average family. We thought we were pretty average, but the Barth, also sold by our dealer, was more than double what we paid for the stick & staple unit we bought; an amount well above our "average family" pay grade then.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
note the baby bustle on this unit

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Here is a combined image that I was able to clean up and manipulate from your 2 scans.

Maybe you can use it to get a sticker or piece of vinyl cut. I know that there are a few members who have the faded logo in the back.

2nd image

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/10
Picture of McBarth
posted Hide Post
WOW, the scan looks great! I'll have to get new stickers for the trailer. It wont stop there, it would look great on a cooler and t-shirt Thumbs Up
This site and people are the best! We've learned we are the proud owners of a 1966 according to the wonderful data tag project and it's not a 1965 as stated on the title! Last but not least we learned how to operate a digital camera and send photos and scans via e-mail. Big Grin THANKS!!

Posts: 14 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 01-26-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
To help defray costs maybe we should start a sign-up page for Barth logo stuff.
A cut should go to our webmaster to defray website costs.
We would love to have a sticker for the Barth, a couple of Tee shirts, even a custom built Barth cooler if someone out there builds them.
Whatcha think folks!
Don and Patty

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I love the pictures. It seems the older('70's & earlier) are coming out of the woodwork right now. After seeing the Class C in Fla I think we are a lucky group of people to own the Brand.

William & Sherrie(StinkyDaddy) will be interested in some of these pics for their restore. Many questions will be answered by this find for them.

I love the old cans of stuff on the shelf!!

Ditto to $$$$ to our webmaster for all he does on this site.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
This site already exists, and will probably get that new image shortly I'll bet. Calendars for 2010 also now shortly .

Barthmobile Store

Not a lot of profit, but better than a Bernie Madoff investment.

Vectra Grand Tour 34
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack:
This site already exists, and will probably get that new image shortly I'll bet. Calendars for 2010 also now.
Thanks for the plug Jack.

Please hold off on purchasing anything from the link Jack just left. I still have a few photos to finish. Waiting on one more picture and then I'll be done.

Also, last year they offered free shipping on Cyber Monday. so hold off and let's see if they do that again.

Cyber Monday falls on Nov 30th this year.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
I am so excited I don't know what to say. McBarth has documentation for some of the things William and I have been looking for. I would love to see more pictures/scans of the documents received with this trailer. Also, I love the pictures of the bustle on this trailer! We now have a good idea of what the original Barth logo looked like too, and I know someone in my house with a vinyl cutter! Big Grin

Sherrie

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post