Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New Barth owner
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Just purchased an 85 Barth. It is 33 ft with a tandem axle. It is a wonderful buy.

Posts: 24 | Location: Andrews, IN USA | Member Since: 09-03-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cowboy:
Just purchased an 85 Barth. It is 33 ft with a tandem axle. It is a wonderful buy.

Welcome to the group, Cowboy. I am only 42 miles away. Where was the Barth you got?

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We purchased it at Sullivan RV in Decatur. Just trying to get all the bugs out of it now so we can start traveling by spring.

Posts: 24 | Location: Andrews, IN USA | Member Since: 09-03-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
HI COWBOY SOUNDS LIKE YOU FOUND YOURSELF A DEAL. I KNOW YOU'LL REALLY LOVE YOUR BARTH, WE DO OURS, I HAVE A MUCH SMALLER BARTH 27 FT.
WE DO A LOT OF CAMPING JUST A FEW MILES FROM WHERE YOU LIVE " SALAMONIE RESERVOIR" WE LIVE IN SOMERSET IN.

HAVE FUN
RALPH GLOVER

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are learning that there are several Barth's in our area. There is also another in our town but we don't know the owner. I guess living so close to where they were made keeps them close. We will have to meet sometime.

posted Hide Post
Hello everyone. We are New Barth Owners and new to this site as well. We were unsure where to start or how to properly introduce ourselves. We recently purchased an 84 Barth Regency 35RD-B and we didn't receive any manuals for operating any systems. Our Barth had been in storage for an excess of 10 years, and, we would appreciate any help or insight anyone might have? We absolutely love our Barth and have many plans for it!
Thank you. Jerry & Barbara

Posts: 4 | Location: Harrisburg Illinois | Member Since: 11-18-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forums!

Browsing the posts under Tech Talk and Improvements and Upgrades will yield a lot of info.

There are kits to improve the brakes and steering, and the DD 8.2L engine must NOT EVER be overheated.

These early Regencies are on MCC chasses, and are known for the smooth ride.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Jerry: Welcome, Nice part of southern Illinois, between Reel Foot Lake,Shawnee National Forest and on the way to Land between the Lakes, Ky. We are within a mile of the Lincoln Oasis on I-80 south of Chicago. No need to wonder as to how you fit into this group, simple we all have or want a Barth and will help anyone in thier quest for a Barth. Welcome agian. All who wander are not lost. (Rusty can you move Jerrys post and this one to it's own space so other can welcome him?) Confused Smiler

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Cowboy; welcome, only 48 miles from Milford, sweet.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
Cowboy, you might also want to check the age of the tires. this is a link that show you where to look on the tires and the code.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/...chpage.jsp?techid=11

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post