Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

The Saga of 71
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Look around for weekend farmers with old Ford or IH tractors. They might be reticent but they will run on anything that will ignite with a spark. I would probably go 25to 75 or 50 to 50. At the age of the beast do you think there's any internal besides pickup, vent and possibly generator pickup?

There are things I'm smart enough to understand but don't care enough to learn.

Posts: 1029 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Need to tackle the junked up fuel system. Think a SteveVW approach is a good option. Believe a hole in the floor and removing the fuel outlet apparatus, replacing all the old rubber and adding a big filter. This approach is better than dropping this tank it is huge.

Am having trouble locating fuel pick-up. Is it most common for it to be located in the center of the tank? Hate to chop up the floor looking for it.

1971 24 ft Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 1861 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Duane if memory serves me? (Doesn’t always) they were in the center section but not centered in either tank on the 72.

Course I didn’t care so I don’t have much of a mental picture. I just shot through them and then cut them open to dump sludge and filled with small scrap metal to haul to the scrap yard.

The sludge was not even flammable or smelling like gas. I had in a metal pot and put in the burn pile(unlit) it boiled when I lit the fire?

Sorry couldn’t be more help. You’ve been quiet I was worried you froze.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1290 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Well, that Hibernating rodent did not help the situation, you Florida snowbirds might be there longer than you bargained for!!! Might warm up a bit next week, but still too cold and snowy to work on 71 unless in the cabin.

1971 24 ft Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 1861 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Duane I’m in Minnesnowta. Shoulder surgery. Can’t use for at least 3 more weeks then limited to regain mobility and strength..

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1290 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post