Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

First time post
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
posted

We are 31 year Barth owners and have just signed up on Barthmobile.com (this is our first post). Our first Barth was a 1978 24’ that was ordered with a custom floor plan we liked so well that it was cloned for our next model, a 1989 Regal 25. I am a retired product engineer (major home appliances) and wife Barb is a devoted homemaker. Our first motor home was a 1972 18’ Winnebago Brave that we bought to haul our racing sailboat to weekend regattas. We got hooked on the motor home concept, and when it came time to step up, the only thing that looked good was the 24’ Barth we saw at a winter RV show in Indianapolis. The rest, as they say, is history. We learned early on that a motor home is the greatest when visiting children (or anyone else, for that matter), and we parked in a lot of driveways. Now, having reached the not so desirable category of octogenarian, we’re facing the fact that it’s time to sell what we’ve always referred to as our “Beautiful Barth”. As soon as I can take some appropriate photos and create a pdf floor plan, our coach will show up on the Coaches for Sale Forum.

Some vital statistics for anyone interested:
Data tag number 8903-3585-25C-A1X (we took delivery in March, 1989)
158” Chev P3 chassis, 454 carbureted engine, 12300 lbs GVW
66,000 miles (60,000 through 2001)
One roof air conditioner
4.5 KW Onan genset
Gas range with 3 burners and oven (no microwave)
10 cu ft deluxe refrigerator/freezer with 3-way control
Trailer hitch
(Note: This is not a “basement” model.)

The custom floor plan has an “L” shaped dinette lounge in front on the curb side just behind the entrance door and a fold-out sofa across from it on the street side. The kitchen sink, range, refrigerator and pantry are to the rear of the sofa (street side), with a pull-out lounge across from that on the curb side. The rear bath includes a shower/tub, toilet, lavatory and wardrobe. Two large windows on the curb side and one on the street side, along with the wind shields in front make the layout very light and airy.

While the coach has not had a lot of use in the last few years, it is exercised about every 60 days – driven 20 miles with the genset run for an hour.

Bill B (and Barb)

Bill Beard
Barth Owner Emeritus (three times)
1978 24' 454 Chevy
1988 Regal 28' 454 Chevy
1989 Regal 25' 454 Chevy

Posts: 25 | Location: Evansville, IN | Member Since: 11-15-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Welcome and we are looking forward to pictures of your Pride and Joy.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forums!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forums. Appreciate the tag info. Please send a photo to bill_ny@barthmobile.com of the tag and the coach.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill, Welcome to barthmobile.com!

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Bill B (and Barb), would the layout accommodate two adults and three children, all age three? We've been looking for one for taking our grand kids places.
In another vein, while I'm not an octogenarian, I soon turn 72 and can't do many of the things that I used to. Fortunately, my wife is quite capable and my son-in-law, who will eventually inherit our Barth,(maybe sooner if yours works out),is a mechanic/airplane pilot. So I am now pretty much a passenger/advisor. Even so, I have sold three other motor homes over the years, vowing to never buy another one. Then the withdrawal set in. The life style is just so great. I'll do it as long as I can get out of bed and get in the Barth.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I already have 3 responses of interest. Took pictures today and as soon as I get them sorted out, will post them, along with a to-scale floor plan. Jim -- you can then draw your own conclusion on whether there's enough room for two adults and three 3-year olds.

Bill B

Bill Beard
Barth Owner Emeritus (three times)
1978 24' 454 Chevy
1988 Regal 28' 454 Chevy
1989 Regal 25' 454 Chevy

Posts: 25 | Location: Evansville, IN | Member Since: 11-15-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post