Forums    General Discussions    Change Dash switch transmission shifting for 1990 Barth Regency to manually shifter
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Change Dash switch transmission shifting for 1990 Barth Regency to manually shifter
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/17
posted
I have a 1990 Barth Regency and we are having big transmission shifting problems. I can shift it manually under the bus at the transmission no problem .I want to convert it to by pass the box that shifts the Alison transmition and put a Manuel shifter that has a cable that attaches to the transmission run it up to the cabin next to the driver's seat with a manual 6speed shifter love my motorhome have big plans however the toggle switch won't shift the transmission .The shaft in the box mounted to the transmission won't shift so we want to go with a manual shifter I would be great full for the any help or suggestions

Posts: 1 | Location: california | Member Since: 04-04-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
quote:
...put a Manuel shifter that has a cable that attaches to the transmission run it up to the cabin next to the drive

read these=

http://www.justanswer.com/medi...-will-not-shift.html

https://orschelnproducts.com/s...on-at-transmissions/

www.rvtechstop.com/resources/allsonok.pdf

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Let us know it you can find a cable long enough for shifting the Barth transmission manually. There is information on the air shifter in this search. You could also try some other search words. Fixing the current air shifter could be your best option.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Consider an RV salvage yard. Most of the engine/trans combinations are used in numerous makes and models of RV. In crash or fire, most of the drivelines suffer minimal damage.

http://rvchassisparts.visonerv...tictransmissions.pl?

You may find a replacement shifter for reasonable cost.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5180 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
The stone-bennet is an excellent product. Had it in our Newell. It does need full air pressure to work right (90+). Bus salvage yard would be a good source of a manual shifter and cable.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
You can get a marine shift cable any length you want.
Look up Teleflex Marine or Controlex which is aircraft quality.
But the Stone Bennett is your best bet.
http://www.stonebennett.com/Sb/Home.html

1993 34 Regency WB
8.3 Cummins 300HP

Posts: 194 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Member Since: 02-02-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Teleflex is good, replaced the 40 year old shifter cables on the boat and they were so smooth I wasn't sure they were really connected until I had shifted to reverse and that was the direction it moved. Tried the various cable lube recommendations and nothing close.

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post