Forums    General Discussions    You have a mighty fine web site... I'm impressed.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

You have a mighty fine web site... I'm impressed.
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
I recently received this letter with a donation to Barthmobile.
quote:
You have a mighty fine web site that is well maintained and it appears you have recruited some highly skilled individuals, I'm impressed.
"it appears you have recruited some highly skilled individuals"
My first thought was... it's just little old me... but, that's not true in the truest sense. So, I decided to put into written word, what my mind was thinking and the flood of emotions that came from within those thoughts. Here it is...

It's nice to get letters of support and compliments on the running of our site. I want to publicly thank our "Unnamed Group" of Basement Dwellers who choose to help out on the implementation and feedback on our site. My Friends downstairs have been quite valuable and insightful when I needed feedback and help.

We are fast approaching the 2yr mark since I took over the reins from Dave. I have tried to keep things familiar but fresh... It has been a balancing act for the past 2 yrs. I am enjoying the challenge and I wanted you to know that this has been fun, for the most part, and a little challenging to boot.

This year, the 2nd anniversary falls on the weekend when I will be away from my computer. Back on the one year anniversary of Dave's decision to move on, I posted this letter to the "Basement Dwellers" I wanted to share this with you now so you might know where I was coming from and how I felt back then.
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y. on 8/1/08:
Well, it's been a year since Dave turned over the website. I wanted everyone down here to know that I appreciate all your help.

Dave started the transfer around 7/26 and then sent letters out to the membership on the 27th I didn't start paying the Bills until 8/1/07.

Thank you all, I appreciate you allowing me an opportunity to bounce things off of you and your help in making this site what we have today.

I want you to know 2 additional things now that 12 months has passed.
1) I was scared for the first few weeks ~ I know, it sounds crazy but I had this pit in my stomach every time I signed on for the first month.
2) I was really hoping Dave would change his mind.

Having you down here since 08/26/2007 helped me out more than you can imagine. It gave me the insight I was looking for and helped put my mind at ease.

Go ahead, pat yourself on the back. It's been a very good 12 months.
I didn't plan on this, but now that I sit here and write this to you, my extended family, I get this choked up feeling inside. I think of this as my baby, but I know that I'm just the current caretaker for Dave's creation. I couldn't imagine how Dave must have felt when he turned the site over to me. How when I think about this, I get this feeling of sadness if I had to do that too.

What makes this site so great? It's you. That's right, it's you: your valuable content... your level headed responses... your desire to help your fellow RV owner... your rallies... your support... your understanding... everything that you bring to the table... Thumbs Up

Here is another letter that I received recently... redacted a little but the flow is still the same.
quote:
Bill, you've been doing a super job with Barthmobile, & there is a whole lot more activity on the site among our new owners over the past few years. We've pretty much completed the shift from the original owners... our new owners seem to be more interested in restoration, than... owning a luxury machine. I have a notion the gatherings you've had, have been... looser & ... friendly than the... rallies I [have] attended.

Keep up the good work. You're doing a fine service, & I'm quite amazed you're able to keep it up while running a demanding business, too.
I can't take all of the credit for this nor would I try, all I've done was offer to keep this site financially afloat while adding content and playing with a few scripts. Because of this, I've gotten pretty good at learning "web building" stuff. Wink

I believe that the punishment for getting my Barth for $500 was to keep this site afloat if the donation stream ran low. Big Grin Thankfully, for the most part, your donations have kept that from being a bigger issue. Computer

While the preceding paragraph was meant as a lighthearted joke, the following is not.

I hope all is well and that our friendship on this site has made a difference in your life. I know that this is a sappy post, but this is how I felt when I posted it and I wanted to share my thoughts for the day.
Cheers. cheers

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I didn't think it was too sappy. I only cried a little bit.

Seriously, Bill, great job and this is a site I enjoy telling people about. It's also been a valuable tool when a gremlin sticks it's head up in the Barth.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Take a bow Billy, you have earned it and deserve it. Without you a lot of us would be clueless on keeping our Barths purring down the road......

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Bill, yes, you operate a very fine site. What more can I say? but DITTO to all the GOOD things said above. Dick

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
BillNY, We love you.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
And so say all of us! and he has cool service trucks Thumbs Up

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/08
Picture of Cabinetguy
posted Hide Post
When I first tripped over my Barth and purchased it, I absolutely had no clue as to the whats, hows, and whys of my little orphan. Bill personally called me twice, here in Kansas City, at work, to settle my newbee nerves. Needless to say I was very impressed. Along with Bill's commitment, and the wisdom of you alltimers my family and I now fully enjoy this new addition to our family. I too brag and share about Barthmobile.com to anyone who seems intrested. It truley is a fellowship. Thumbs Up

1998 29' widebody
454 Chevy chassis

Posts: 85 | Location: West Des Moines Iowa | Member Since: 10-06-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of T&T&B
posted Hide Post
KUDOS to you Bill NY, don't know where Barthmobile would be without you, and to ALL of the other members who contribute, stand up and take a bow, the information shared here is definately PRICELESS... Smiler

Tina

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"

Posts: 142 | Location: South Florida - La Belle | Member Since: 03-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Bill,

Quality beats quantity every time. It started with the Barth coach itself; it lives on with this site and all the fine folks who contribute to it.

Thanks for all you do.

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
Picture of Lorelei
posted Hide Post
Bill, the site truly is a wonderful little community - more helpful and friendly than any I've seen in the three yrs. since I've been "surfing" for motorhomes. Your personality is truly engaging and fun also. Thanks so much for keeping the site going.

Posts: 38 | Location: Point Arena, CA | Member Since: 06-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
HI Lorelei, Did you ever purchase a Barth?

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 296 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
Picture of Lorelei
posted Hide Post
Yes, we did purchase a coach - a Regency 36 in Georgia, and drove it to Eloy (hell of an adventure), where the engine seized after a fuel line was severed. It will make a nice apartment on our little 2 acre parcel in the Redwoods. Smiler

Posts: 38 | Location: Point Arena, CA | Member Since: 06-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post