Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

How do become a Barth Man
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Barth Brooks
posted
I've been looking for awhile now but it just seem like nothing but scammers on craigslist? What is the best way to hunt one down?

Posts: 16 | Location: Home | Member Since: 09-03-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
posted Hide Post
You have to wait your turn... Big Grin

I'm just kidding , We are hoping to find one here that is well known . Happy hunting Smiler

Harold
Cat
Sam is 10 year old Miniature Schnauzer
Currently without a coach

KE5WCW

Posts: 100 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Barth Brooks
posted Hide Post
Your looking also?

Posts: 16 | Location: Home | Member Since: 09-03-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes sir . Hoping to find a nice Breakaway with the 5.9 Cummins after the first of the year .

Harold
Cat

KE5WCW

Posts: 100 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Barth Brooks
posted Hide Post
How many were made? I would like the old vintage Barth's. I was looking at the 1973 one in Florida but it looks a little ruff. Maybe to much of a project?

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
As with all vintage items a lot more were made than survived and many of the survivors are unknown. If all were known the sightings list would be nearly empty. In my time as a member many of the Barths owned by members or offered on the site have disappeared. Anyone know of the desert camo Barth?

Money can't buy poverty

Posts: 877 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
newbies might want to start in the docs folder for better familiarization with the brand.
http://www.barthmobile.com/eve...s/a/frm/f/3731087061

Posts: 2039 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Barth Brooks
posted Hide Post
I gotta read all that to become a Bart man? I'm going to look at one tomorrow. Anything I should look out for???
1977 22ft 350 engine.

Thanks, Barth Brooks

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
http://www.barthmobile.com/eve...1087061/m/5621045161 is a how to sell but also a good how to look. I hope it copied properly. If not you will find it in the Barth's for sale section.

Money can't buy poverty

Posts: 877 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Barth Brooks
posted Hide Post
Were are all the Barth people???

Need some advice....

posted Hide Post
Buy the most well cared for that you can afford . Sometimes a bargain ends up costing a small fortune in repairs .

Also make sure it's want you want , try not to settle for something that will work Smiler

Harold
Cat

KE5WCW

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Barth Brooks:
Were are all the Barth people???

Need some advice....

some were
some are
some won't
some will

Posts: 2039 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Barth Brooks
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip!!!

posted Hide Post
I've been studying the Barth coaches most of this year .
I like the body style and mechanics of the 91 thru 94 Breakaway .

It has the 5.9 Cummins engine that i want and can upgrade the transmission to one with lock-up converter and overdrive ....if it hasn't already been done by previous owner .

30 feet is ideal for most campgrounds , and it has reasonable ground clearance . Our last coach was 38 feet and too low to the ground for off road.

Also the weight is a factor . Our last rig was too heavy for some of the bridges on back roads .

Some of the things important to us :
Having the rear queen bedroom that can be closed off .
A separate toilet closet from the shower .
Lighter and more maneuverable .
Not too tall .
Something that I can work on.
Quality construction

We originally were looking for the Breakaway 6B floor plan , but have decided that the 11B would really be better for our needs . It seems to utilize the space better for our situation .

We are hoping to find a clean , well known and well loved coach from a member of this site and give it a new loving home . Tooling Along

Happy hunting Smiler

Harold
Cat

KE5WCW

Picture of Barth Brooks
posted Hide Post
Wow, sounds like you gotta plan...... I guess there are hardly any Barth men left in the world???