Forums    General Discussions    ratings: 1 to 5 stars???
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

ratings: 1 to 5 stars???
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
What are the use of ratings for each posting?

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Based on preferences I could make it so that any post that received 3 of the 1 star ratings gets deleted. Or, you could only subscribe to threads that show a 5 star rating.

I've had several of my posts score well with members who choose to vote. Like an election, if you don't vote, it doesn't count.

Here is one that 5 different members gave it a 5 star rating.

http://barthmobile.com/groupee...061/m/6151069061/p/1

Does it really mean anything??? No. But, if I was a moderator who wanted to push a ratings agenda, I could make these mean something more.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
Based on preferences I could make it so that any post that received 3 of the 1 star ratings gets deleted. Or, you could only subscribe to threads that show a 5 star rating.

I've had several of my posts score well with members who choose to vote. Like an election, if you don't vote, it doesn't count.

Bill,

I like the idea of searching by ratings (Netflix has this feature), but I would advise against deleting for lack of a high enough rating. Deleting any posts will make the archives like swiss cheese. A subject that may not be rated highly today, may be spot on tomorrow. Just my 2 cents worth.

“Most of the censure of others is only oblique praise of self, uttered to show the wisdom and superiority of the speaker”

Tryon Edwards quotes (American Theologian, 1809-1894)

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I don't want to push a ratings agenda so I have no desire to force the issue.

I could delete the option to have anyone rate these posts but I decided to leave the ratings in play just to see what people thought about a particular topic without prompting.

But, if you want to rate a particular topic or if someone wants to push a ratings agenda... don't let my lack of enthusiasm translate into inaction. java

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
I'm very contented with the status quo. Prefer to leave it alone. If it ain't broke, don't fix it...................

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Golly, in an effort to get high ratings, I am gonna hafta really clean up my act. Smiler

I will henceforth strive mightily to post only meaningful posts of lasting value.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post