Happy mothers day
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted
Well maybe yappy mothers day.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Thumbs Up Happy Mothers Day.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
As if on cue, momma and papa Killdeer had their babies, four of them, hatch between yesterday and today. Happy Momma's Day to all, especially Ms Killdeer who fearlessly protected her brood with amazing antics of broken wings and flopping about whenever we approached. She laid her eggs in my shell drive and I first knew something was up when she stood her ground daring me to back up near her eggs. Her efforts have now paid off and she joins motherhood with our twin Sand Hill Crane babies and a lot of little turtles here in Florida.

An interesting note on Killdeers, the babies hatch already a week old compared to other chicks. They can hatch and immediately run around and get their own food. They only stay about two days and are off on their own. Tough love in nature.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Before we moved to town 10 years ago, we had a big gravel pad in front of my sorely-missed garage/shop. Every year, a momma killdeer hatched her babies right in the middle of it. I put up a couple saw horses to keep her from getting squashed.

One year she disappeared, & scattered feathers told the tale of her death by local cats. Her eggs were cold, but my wife insisted on bringing them inside. She put them in a small cotton-lined box & set it on top of our Insta-Hot water heater under the kitchen sink. I told her she was nuts, but she insisted. In a few days we heard baby birds cheeping, & miraculously, 2 of the 4 eggs had hatched. My BW mothered them for 2 or 3 days, & we set them out in the open field behind us. Wifey swears they returned the next year. I was smart enough not to argue with her.

Eggs & birds were nearly invisible in the gravel, & like noble, it was only when momma tried the broken wing trick we knew something was up, & searched for the nest.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post