Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

A big month on Barthmobile.com
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
I don't know how many of you will be interested in this but you can go to www.barthmobile.com/stats and see all the info on how many people visit the website and how many page hits there are. When you visit the site and look at several different forums, maybe check out the gallery etc. Every time you click on a page it is a page hit. We are usually around 300,000 page hits a month. I think that is unbelievable however, those other big rv sites like IRV2.com get many millions of page hits. That is why they can sell advertising space.

But last month was the biggest month of them all with 460,000 pages hits. Not just that but we averaged 498 individual visitors per day. That proves that there are a ton of folks who visit....silently. I bet they they are Trek and Winnebago owners and Barth wannabees. What do you bet.

Who would have thunk it 5 years ago when the first thing posted was Keiko's Taco Dip. Search for it, it is still here somewhere.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Quite an accomplishment Dave...You should be proud.....And it can never be said TOO much that all of us out here sure appreciate your effort and dedication to this site!

Lee

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Yes, indeed, Dave, you've created a Monster.

BTW, the best hot sauce is Doc's Jamaican Hellfire Sauce....I'm not looking for arguments...

Because I'm right.

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words but I take little credit. I know diddly about mechanics and pay someone else to change my oil. It is guys like Eric, Bill H and others who were in the first 20 to sign up and have passed on to us their substantial knowledge.

I think the fact that our membership includes such an extraordinary array of Pilots, race car drivers, motorcycle experts and allow me to emphasize MG owners that we have been able to gleen from them such expertise.

Add to that the fact that they all have helping personalities and strong charachter traits then you can't help but have a winning combonation.

Whenever there is a need, it seems like there is always an expert in the wings. Rusty is our insurance guy, New Enland Bill is our diesel go to guy. Need some guitar info you have me and Jerry Aull in Atlanta, not to mention Walter Hawk who is our resident recording artist. We had a stand-up comedian once but he sold his Barth.

We've got it all covered.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davebowers:
We had a stand-up comedian once but he sold his Barth.

Rusty Sold His Barth? When did that happen?

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Dave!!!

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Dave!
This is, without question, my favorite web site. I don't think this forum would be nearly as great with out you at the master keyboard. I have no idea how you find all the time.
I do however, think the stats for January are flawed. If you recall this was the month that Rusty bought his Barth "StaRV 11" This had to have generated thousands of addional posts. (Also some of the most entertaining)
I think you find that activity levels resume a more normal level at lease until he finds "StaRV 111"
I must also take my hat off to all of the Barthmobile Members that make this site what it is. I find it amazing that that a group of folks that mostly only know each other from this forum, routinely go out of their way in offering both their time and knowlege to most anyone that asks.
I guess that is the definition of a true Barth enthusiast.

------------------
Brad
1977 27' CLASS EH!

Posts: 27 | Location: Langley. BC | Member Since: 09-28-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FUNKYWAY:
If you recall this was the month that Rusty bought his Barth "StaRV 11" This had to have generated thousands of addional posts. (Also some of the most entertaining)

If you want entertainment, check out Bill H's post on...

"The Dark Sucker Theory"

https://www.barthmobile.com/ubb/Archives/Archive-000009/...0806-1-000292-2.html