Forums    General Discussions    Photobucket problems (imagine that!)
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Photobucket problems (imagine that!)
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted
As a veteran PB user I am accustomed to their irritating ads, popups, etc. Lately things seem worse. The last few weeks when I have sent photos to PB I may get one or nothing at all. head bang

I have not tried to send more than 3 at a time. Have not gotten all 3 in weeks. Usually the first one goes through (eventually) but often the others never show. Repeating the send has not helped. Once I got the third one not the first two... Deadhorse

Considering we are now paying for this "wonderful service" I am not impressed. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? I am losing my patience. Violence

I have managed to get over 800 photos through the process in the past with the usual delays and ads but now it is getting to be useless. I will continue to try as many have told me they enjoy the pictures I post.

I have Meadowlark and Ortona pics on the way, I hope...

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5167 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
I am having the same trouble Steve. Sometimes I see the pictures, sometime I do NOT so see the pictures at all. I do not know what is going on. Dayne88 and DannyZ are posting photos and we cannot. First I thought it was a Microsoft problem, but you have an apple. I do not know what is going on.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Actually only a small fraction of the pix I try to send to PB make it through. I bite my lip and don't bitch and once in a while I actually do get a pic or 2 posted. To think that we actually PAY for this kind of service is ludicrous.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Good to know I'm not the only one. I wonder if Bill can send a formal complaint. I can't tell the number of hours I have wasted on that (almost) useless site.

Sadly, the memory savings to BM.com is significant or I wouldn't bother with this crap.

Obviously, I have tried to document my Barth trips and projects for the benefit of all our viewers, members or not. I do believe our archives are as good or better than any RV related site and I like to contribute. (My 454 engine swap is over 41,000 views now)

I would consider my own PB account if it worked any better but I'll be dammed if I'll pay for that kind of crap. Too bad.

I'll keep updating as long as I can stand it.

Thank for the feedback. I wish it made me feel better! head bang

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5167 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
I had less patience than you all. You have not seen pictures from me on a number of things I have done. I have enough %|$*&#% that I have to deal with at work. I get paid to deal with that $%&$*&*&*6087%(*67%&&. I have not complained not wanting to compound or encourage the complaints.

I enjoy all the pictures that have been shared. Isn't the saying "a picture paints 1000 words" True how true. I still am running into a whole bunch of spots where I get the PB icon saying pay me and don't show the pictures.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
May I join the "I hate BP club" I found I can only send one Pic at a time and about 25% of those do not go into the folder. As Kevin knows MS "edge" will not work at all, I send my pics using Edge, but post using Explorer. head bang

Strange but I seem to be getting fewer ads than I did before!

The pics and the narrative SteveVW sends is fantastic, my Hero. Take a deep breath, drink a craft beer, cuss a bit but most of all keep doing your thing...

I just posted a pic from PB, it was in a folder already, ads went away in about 3 or 4 minutes, two or three stop script warnings and recover web page and wah-la!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2046 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
May I join the "I hate BP club"

I am Confused hmm Do you hate British Petroleum, or PhotoBucket?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
May I join the "I hate BP club"

I am Confused hmm Do you hate British Petroleum, or PhotoBucket?

Ok so I made an error, I am old

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2046 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Duane, that's no excuse. U shud no were all prefect heere on thiss sight and know one never makes missteaks! ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

posted Hide Post
FUN! FUN! FUN! java ROTFLMAO and FUNNIER. Being dyslexic, excessive compulsive and slightly Odd-tistic, I could not Computer let that one go.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok so I made an error, I am old

Sister Venora in second grade English told me "A poor excuse is better than NONE."

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
any updates on the PB upload problems? trying to upload one pic now, tried four times for one pic in separate emails last night and this A.M..., and one send with 3 of the same pic in the last hour..nothing showing..

using this address: barth_upload.61972@uploads.photobucket.com with my folder, 3694 in the message title with attachments of the photo I'm trying to upload..

addendom: And of course, right after I post this..2 of the pic's showed up..

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mike the answer is persistence and perseverance. Sometimes it is the data connection where you are at. Sometimes it is the time of day. Sometimes it is LUCK.