Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

For All My Nascar Friends
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted
The coach parked next to us at the FMCA belonged to Marvin Strickland, an avid Nascar fan. He built the pictured lift for the back of his coach in order to watch races. If necessity is the mother of all inventions, this should qualify. The lift fits into three receivers on the back of the coach and can be installed or removed in about 5 minutes. Marvin designed and built the lift himself and was nice enough to give me a business card and the okay for any of you that would like to tackle this project yourself his phone number. He lives in Pooler, GA, Phone 912-748-4084.

The primary component of the lift is a mast salvaged from an old forklift that cost $175.00. He paid $500.00 for new pump, hydraulic tank, and other parts. Most of the balance of materials are square tubing and expanded metal. He said told cost was less than $1,000.00.

The pictures of all the coaches was taken from the platform fully raised. Marvin said that at Daytona, he had a total of 7 people on the lift at one time. Himself, wife, son, daughter-in-law, and 3 grandkids. The platform measures 4 by 8. He said a close friend build a lift and his platform measures 6 by 7.

What do think Bill and Danny? Something to add to the back of the Barth.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Danny, this is the post I was telling you about.
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post