Forums    General Discussions    2 units on ebay?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2 units on ebay?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Does anyone know anything about these two unit's on ebay? One is out west and has bunk beds in the kitchen...., I'm not clear on that? 157k miles.It was in your pictures with a kitchen table.(Different owner)
The other is a 30' Breakaway,1993 in Mississippi, with a 190 diesel engine. Does the Breakaway have air ride? Tim doesn't know and say's it has a 4 speed transmission and get's 10+ mpg...., is that possible? I could see that with a 6 speed trany.
I'm very impressed with the Barth rv! I've got a class C w/slide out I'm going to rent and hope they total it. The Barth is right down my alley. Any of you owners live around Cincinnati? Call me Tom @ 513 520-6161 I'd love to see and learn more about Barth. Thank you,
Respectfully,
Tom Foy.

Posts: 4 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio | Member Since: 06-01-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Most* of the Breakways had mechanically-sprung Spartan chasses, the C5.9, and the Allison 4 speed. 10+ mpg is not hyperbole - some get better than that. My 28' with the GM 6.5L TD (only 4 were built) gets 10.7 mpg, and the engine is less efficient than the C5.9 - further, those 4 28's had a raised floor and are taller than most Breakaways.

* No two Barths are the same, and there are no absolutes.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
The longer Breakaway was build as an entertainers coach and has bunkbeds for theh band members.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can anyone help me out on this Breakaway data tag 9209-3823-30BS-11B. I'm going from Cincinnati to Mississippi to look @ this rig and just don't quite under stand how to break this tag # down. Please call me if you have any ideas on what to look for and what to ask of my boy Tim....
I'm off the web till Monday. Please call me @ 513 520-6161
All the best!
Tom.

Posts: 4 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio | Member Since: 06-01-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Info is in this thread.

I hope it turns out to be fruitful trip! Tooling Along

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
9209-3823-30BS-11B has a buyer, vince900ss, a new member on the Forums.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke