Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Gallery Photos
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09

Picture of garryp
posted
Will the owner of the "1996 38ft Regency/Cummins, Spartan Wide Body" in the photo gallery please identify themselfs?

------------------

--garryp

Posts: 209 | Location: AZ | Member Since: 09-01-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
That coach was for sale about three years ago in Des Moines Iowa. The guy's last name was Zack and he owned two coaches. The one you are inquiring about:

And this one:

Since they had sold I lost contact with them. Which is too bad. I think they were about the nicest Barths I have ever seen.

Sorry we couldn't help.

And, by the way, many people think that all of the Barths in the gallery are for sale. These are just pictures of Barths I have collected and some that folks have sent to me. I recognize that some are old and I have many better images now. I am going to get together with my new website guru, (my old website guru Rachels little sister Sarah) and change the whole thing with better new pictures.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of garryp
posted Hide Post
I bought a 1996 Barth 38' 400 hp Cummins M11 with 6 speed Allison last weekend. Will get it Saturday. Has most of the frills except washer/dryer, dishwasher, satellite. If things go as planned and I keep it, It will soon have a DataStorm on it.

I actually wondered if the top pict is the one I bought (my memory is shaky on the marking). If so, then I might discover a little of it's heritage (or does one not really want to know!!??)

Posts: 209 | Location: AZ | Member Since: 09-01-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a great coach. I tried to call a Zack Vander Beek in New Sharon, IA who I think had it up for sale. Actually, I think he was selling the coaches for another guy. I will let you know if the guy calls me back.

And, by the way, welcome to Barthmobile. When you get it send me some pictures.

Dave

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of garryp
posted Hide Post
Well, I have the '96 Barth 38' coach at home, and now trying to figure out how to turn around a 38 footer in my druveway!! I am a first-time-RVer and tend to be overwhelmed by the length!!

Unfortunately I got zero documents -- about a 100 dup keys but no docs!! I will be posting for help on using features as there are a couple of gadgets that puzzle me completely or partially!

My first priorities are docs for the 1996 Spartan chassis, the M11 Cummins 400HP and the 6-speed Allison for maintenance purposes. Anyone with leads to these manuals, please help!!!

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited January 05, 2005).]

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of GaryG
posted Hide Post
Both Spartan and Cummins should be able to supply you with manuals. Call them and ask for copies of your models. And good luck. As for turning and backing up, practice, lots of it and extreme caution.
We clear a telephone pole in our driveway, either forward or reverse by a mere few inches.

------------------
Susie and Gary (SUGAR)
'95 Barth Regency 34'
'96 Explorer

Posts: 109 | Location: Abiquiu, NM | Member Since: 05-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post