Tools
Reply To This Topic

History Of Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Lee, thank you for the work you are doing on the history of Barth.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Yeah Bill, when I first embarked on this little project I recalled your post about the whereabouts of Bill Prinz, and thought about starting there.

But I wanted to make contact with folks from the heady-days of Barth, when the company was churning out coaches and working against a back-order log....When times were vibrant & bustling....After all, most of our coaches came from that era........

From what I've been able to find out, the Prinz regime came in when the company was moribund, the assets had already been seized by the creditors and revival attempts were chancy at best. Prinz & associates came from the SOB faction of the RV industry, and I'm not sure that their "Fleetwood mindset" truly represents Barth's Good-Ole-Days. ('Course, if anyone out there is driving around in a trolley, the Prinz era is spot on Roll Eyes

That said, I should follow-up on the Prinz connection too - maybe there's some contact possibilities there.....

The biggest obstacle in locating former Barth folks is that Time-Marches-On....Many of the key players are now gone, and those that remain are now in their mid-70's to mid-80's plus. (a 55 year old Barth employee in 1985 is 78 years old today! Frowner

I'll keep plugging away....I'm working on one contact now.....maybe we'll luck out......

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I would think that Bill Prinz & associates would be low on our list for the reasons mention above... Of course, that doesn't mean I would kick them to the curb, they still might have some valuable information.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
I certainly agree that he might be low on the list but I'm curious if he might have information to help us figure out some things we're not sure about. Or, maybe he knows someone who can provide additional information. I've thought about contacting him but felt I had better discuss it here first.

I've always wondered, did he come into Barth with the intent of raiding what was left or was he trying to make an honest go of it.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrenchtech
posted Hide Post
Lee,
Drop me a private e-mail, as dad might have some contacts for you for your 2009 GTG. He stayed in touch with Mike after leaving Barth, and was instrumental in the transition years of the 1970's. He is now living in South Bend.

Bart

Bart

Posts: 5 | Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin | Member Since: 06-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
In the chat room the other night someone asked if there had ever been a come back try for the Barth brand. I thought I remembered reading about a comeback in 2001 but wasn't sure. Well it took awhile but I finally found the news release.

RVBusiness, dated November 15, 2000.

The comeback was called off on April 11, 2001

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i find this very interesting i found a mom and pop rv dealer in New Jersey that knew mike umbough on one on one when i told him i bought a Barth he had some fun stories about Barths if theres any info i could out of him let me know then he takes me in the back of his work yard there sits a 30ft 454 barth commerical unit hes around 75 years old has a million stories about Barth if u need his number i have it im sure he would talk to anyone maybe pick his brains let me know and yes he loves and said thers never been a beter built coach then a Barth he was a Barth dealer back in the day

Posts: 132 | Location: Ruskin flordia | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an 86 barth regency and need to know the info on it to order parts. Blown head gasket. Was abused and trying to fix it.help urgent

Posts: 7 | Location: Florida  | Member Since: 03-04-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
38 ft

Posts: 7 | Location: Florida  | Member Since: 03-04-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Cummins parts and Caterpillar parts are available online and from warehouses around the country. Find the engine model # and serial number. There should be a plate on the engine.

The GM 8.2 V8 has been out of production for a long time. I don't know if GM supports it. Search the web. Good luck.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post