Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Historic Tags - "documentation?"
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted
As I prepare to bring my old/new-to-me '79 Barth from KY to MD this weekend, I've found that my "occasional, non-commercial & recreational" use will allow me to use Historic Vehicle tags....This will be a great benefit 'cause tags are $13.00/year and the unit is exempt from safety & emissions inspections....But the devil is in the details...Here's what MD-MVA says:
- - - - - - - - - - -

Historic Vehicles:

"The vehicle is between 20 and 24 model years old and is a model, of which the manufacturer produced 1,000 or fewer models for that year, as verified by the manufacturer (supporting documentation required). The vehicle has not been substantially altered, remodeled or remanufactured from its original construction, or

The vehicle is between 20 and 24 model years old and is a make that the manufacturer no longer produces, as verified by the manufacturer (supporting documentation required). It is not substantially altered, remodeled or remanufactured from it original construction."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I called MVA....Four calls and twenty-some menu-selections later I finally was able to talk to MVA's version of the Dragon Lady, who didn't have a clue what the definition of "documentation" really was, and I'll take a full-jaw root canal before I'll call MVA back again....(I guess it could be worse...we COULD be getting all the government we're paying for...)

So, HELP!......

What are some ideas for "documentation"?
I figure that if I can come-up with something "reasonably official", I'll just go in and whine and pout and try to intimidate to achieve my goal.....

How could I "document" that: 1) My unit was one of less than a thousand produced in that model year, and/or 2)It's no longer produced, and/or 3) The manufacturer no longer exists?

All creative thinking solicited!.....

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Lee,

Email me your full name and address and I take care of you, "creatively, but honestly."

Dave

------------------
Short cuts always take longer

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post