Forums    General Discussions    Please help me.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Please help me.
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of jpaz5150
posted
Please help me....I have this 1972 barth that my father bought. He bought this unit to fix up and one day retire in to cruise the country. I guess he wanted to retire in style. My father got really sick with congestive heart failure and passed away at the age of 53. He didnt get a chance to make his dream come true. So now the barth has been passed to me. Unfortunatly, i dont have the time or the money to fix this motorhome up. So i am looking for help from anyone. I don't know what i have here. My only hope is to sell this motorhome to someone who can appreciate it as much as my father did. From what i can tell by research on the web, is that these barths are pretty rare. So i am requesting some help here to know what i have and what it might be worth. It hasn't run in some years now and its not in the greatest condition. thank you.

Posts: 1 | Location: phoenix az | Member Since: 12-10-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Can you give us any additional information to help determine a value. The Vin number and the Barth Data tag number will help. It will give us chassis, engine, and length information. Also a floor plan and pictures of the inside will be very helpful.

Good Luck,
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Well.. first things first I think we all would like to send our sincerest condolences on the loss of your father. It only makes it worse that he died at such a young age and without enjoying his time traveling the country.
You are correct in saying that these units can be rare. Barth Coaches are a well constructed machine and the builders were very concerned about quality. It is for this reason that so many of us have purchased a Barth after extensive research. Research brings us to the next point... there is a data tag number that is usually positioned above the drivers side window. I will attempt to post a photo but Nick Cagle and Bill N.Y. have worked extensively on these numbers in the interest of knowing more about these unit's and clues to there construction.
http://barthmobile.com/eve/for...1087061/m/5551070472
This link will explain all you will need to know about data tag's. Any other questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask.
As far as the value of the coach goes, it is a little hard to say based on the limited information given. I am sure you would like to hear that the Barth that sat outside all those years is worth a fortune but most of the time this is not the case. I will say that the longer it has stayed in Arizona the better as the environment is very stable there and is usually very kind to the steel frame. I will also say that anything broken or weathered can probably be fixed without an enormous amount of trouble (which is a good thing when considering the trouble one could have repairing something constructed..shal we say .. un-Barth-like) Like Nick says, try to get us a few more pic's and we will try to help ya along.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post