Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

screen door
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Don Scalzo
posted
We returned from Tampa's RV show at whe Fairgrounds, and only saw one thing that our'93 33' Breakaway should have, a screen door. Any suggestions?

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Larry and Heidi in CA>
posted
Why wouldn't you just install a screen door? Maybe one of those "hidden" screens that slide and hide....

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
The RVs at the show had screen doors shaped just like the outside door, and they attached to the door when not in use, and swung with it. I was remiss in not checking further, but the sales people there were consintrating on RV sales, noe accesories. I guess the winter show is the one where vendors will be at.

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe someone that has your model could look and see if on theirs there is a mfg. name? I doubt it, but worth a try. Dave probably know the name of the fellow that purchased your year and model a few weeks ago in Birmingham. The seller's name and e-mail address I have, so if Dave doesn't have the new owners name holler at me via e-mail. I don't feel it's fair to put such in a post. Seller is a great person. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
I'm now on Barth #3 and still working on the screen door issue. The best I've been able to come up with is a screen panel attached at the top with velcro and weighted with fabric weights at the bottom.

It works and is easily removable

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MY DOOR say SAILOR MGF. IT IS FROM FITTING TYPE.LABLE IS ON THE PLASTIC SLIDE AND ON THE DOOR ITSELF. GOOD LUCK. FRED

Posts: 14 | Location: Ft. Myers.Fl. | Member Since: 07-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post

Check this out. http://www.rv-tech.com/phantom.htm

And this:

http://www.philipsproducts.com/rvdoor.htm

------------------
"Work hard and save, so that someday you can support those who didn't"

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
This is one of the areas where my Barth is deficient.

Our 84 also lacks a screen door. In my mind I have decided to cut a piece of .062 2024T3, 6061, or 7075 aluminum to the exact dimension of the door. Then make a screen frame that fits against the inside of the door when it is closed. There will, of course, be a little sliding door for handle access. The large piece of aluminum will be cut inside the edge to allow just enough metal remaining to line up with the inner edge of the screen frame. The screen frame, which will be a little wobbly, will be torch-soldered or epoxied or 3M 5200'd to the sheet metal frame. I am not sure how well the 7075 alloy takes solder. Zinc, you know. This will result in a screen door with a thin flange all the way around that fits between the original door and the sealing flange.

Haven't taxed my brain with the hinge issue yet. The pivot would have to be on axis with the main door, of course. Maybe even using the same pin. I would probably make my own hinge or cut up an aluminum piano hinge.

My goal is to end up with what all my other RVs already had.

Sheese.

Does anyone have a side door with a screen?

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Don,
Tell you what..... bring that poor old screendoorless thing up here to Washington State and I'll swap you straight across for our magnificent '87 34 footer. It has a great screen door! The paint is a little "flaky" but other than that it's really wonderfull and reliable. Everything a Barth is supposed to be. And you'll love driving with a tag axle.
Cheers, John

Posts: 114 | Location: Skamania, WA, USA | Member Since: 07-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
I cannot understand why Barth would have produced any coaches without screen doors. It's sort of like not puting on a steering wheel, it's something you need. Dave do you think the guy you know with the scrapped Barths has the screen doors? I'll bet Barth doors were all the same size.

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
Hey John,
Linda & I happen to be in Naselle, WA visiting my daughter who is to undergo surgery on the 18th. So keep your eye on your screen door, I'm desparate! Don

posted Hide Post
Don,
Boy did you miss your chance! We were in Sequim all weekend visiting friends and "Gypsy Rose Barth" was left alone in the yard. First thing I did when we got back was check the Screen Door. I e-mailed "Ol Roy" and asked if we could meet up with him while in Sequim, but I think he figured we were gonna leave "Gypsy" in his driveway and run off with his SOB.;-). We Yelled "Hi Dennis" as we drove by the Port Townsend turnoff (That is a beautiful town, full of Victorian Mansions) from Hwy 101 but I doubt if he could hear us.
Cheers, John

Posts: 114 | Location: Skamania, WA, USA | Member Since: 07-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John I heard you lound and clear. I was out working on Barth Vader. You should have give me a call and I would have driven up Sequim to see you guys. I'm still looking at the Barth on E-bay. My wife is a little nervous about buying something that we have never set foot in. She is also a little concerned about driving that unit back to Washington from Texas. Can't be any worse than some of the trips we have been on with Vader. If we did get this other Barth I don't know if I'd be able to part with Vader. It is so much a part of the family. Dennis

Posts: 207 | Location: Port Townsend ,Wash USA | Member Since: 11-21-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of GaryG
posted Hide Post
Ours has a screen door and we'll look for brand name, measurements, etc....

------------------
Susie and Gary (SUGAR)
'95 Barth Regency 34'
'96 Explorer

Posts: 109 | Location: Abiquiu, NM | Member Since: 05-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Ok Don, i was born and lived in WA. for over 40 years but i have never heard of Naselle. Where is it? ED. H

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post