Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New Barth Owner
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Frank Strong
posted
I have owned a small 25ft Class C for many years and decided to step up to a pusher for retirement and longer trips. I was impressed with the quality remaining in this old Barth (which I had never heard of)and look forward to many trouble free years of service --- hopefully.
Any feedback on this unit would be greatly appreciated. The screen door is missing but the hinges remain --- any idea where I can find a replacement? The steering seems loose and the unit has a tendancy to wander. Is this common for pushers? The dealer has promised an alignment -- yet to come.
I am new to the pusher world so any advice you can pass on will be greatly appreciated.

Frank Strong
1994 Regency 34ft
300 HP Cummins, 6 spd Allison
Spartan MM Chassis

Posts: 125 | Location: Walthall, MS/Ocoee, FL (Orlando area) | Member Since: 03-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Strong:
I just purchased a 1994 Regency 34 ft with the 300 D pusher down at Lazydays RV in Seffner, FL in Mar 06. It appears to be the same unit listed on your "sold" forum under Kirt Evans in Feb 06 and Bill Kinney in Mar 05.

I did a search under those names and found a little bit of info.

Is your coach white whith brown Adidas type stripping on it?

Welcome to the site and good luck with your coach

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Frank and welcome to the website. I am quite aware of Kirk Evans coach. You should not expect to have any wander from that coach. I believe it has all air suspension so I would check that for leaks, perhaps an alignment would do the trick.

If this indeed is Evans coach, I would pay particular attention to the roof. There has been substantial modification work done on the roof. It is not the original Barth roof and there have been some problems with leaking. Mr. Kinney the original owner had removed the Barth one piece aluminum roof and replaced it with (I may be wrong here but I know I am close) plywood, rubber and diamond plate, so he could go to NASCAR with it. Before he sold it to Evans he was going to put it back the way it was, however, he couldn't find a single piece of aluminum and of course even if he could he wouldn't be able to attach it the same way so your roof is now 7 pieces of aluminum placed perpendicular with the long direction of the coach. Evens did have some leak problems but I think he had that repaired. I would spend the money to have Durabond tape or similar placed on "every" seam and then have the entire roof sealed. You should have years of fun with this coach with out a problem. But the lesson here is that Barth roofs rarely if ever leak except for maybe around an AC unit or vent. Tell me if I am wrong here, but I have never heard of a leak through the structure of the roof on a Barth. So leave it alone...

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post