Forums    General Discussions    What is my 24' 1969 Barth Continemtial worth?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

What is my 24' 1969 Barth Continemtial worth?
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Johnny okie-dokie
posted
I replaced all vents, new wall to wall laminated flooring, all new outside running lights and have all original documentation of appliances including Barth Magazines, original sew on "Barth Member" patch and more. Restored in 2012.

Posts: 9 | Location: Morganton, NC | Member Since: 02-25-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
Now THAT is a classic trailer! Do you want to know its value for selling purposes, or for insurance purposes?

It's pretty hard to value a lot of classic "vehicles" for selling, since it would really depend on finding the right buyer. Restorations are even harder to price for selling. About the only value guide we consumers have for RV's is NADA (www.nadaguides.com) and there isn't even a listing for Barth under the Travel Trailer category.

For insurance, I would add up the total value of the restoration (how much it would cost you to replace everything), and then maybe add 25%. You'd want an "agreed cash value" policy. Always better to have more cushion than less, and the premium probably wouldn't be much more for added coverage.

Either way, you might want to find some prices on classic Airstream trailers for a ballpark figure - although that brand is more well-known, sought after, and would likely be valued higher than the Barth.

And on a side note, we'd love to see some more interior photos of the restoration!

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
SEND PICTURES!!! We love pictures!!!

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the site. You will find that the people on here are like family and interested in anything Barth related.

I am interested in your question because I have a 1968 Barth Executive trailer that is about the same size as yours. I have done some work on mine but not a complete restoration and it had no appliances when I bought it. The worth is not material to me as I have no intention of selling and insurance is not going to pay what it is worth to me.

we would love to see pictures of the interior/exterior and a little history, when did you buy it etc.

If you are interested in selling it there are many places to do so, ebay, craigslist, Tin Can Tourists and many others.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post