Tools
Reply To This Topic

To buy or not 89 28 Barth regal
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The most common diameter on my Regal exterior was 3/16. (Compartment door frames, etc.) You will also find numerous 1/8 applications on smaller trim. Mechanic

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Steve.
That was diameter size you mentioned?
Can you tell me what grip size.the length.
Thanks and sorry for being a such a pia.
Best regards
Barronjr.

Posts: 13 | Location: san diego Ca. USA | Member Since: 10-07-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Length will depend on the "grip range" needed. (This refers to the thickness of the materials being riveted.) To allow for the expansion of the rivet end, it must protrude past the material being fastened by at least the diameter of the rivet. When in doubt, longer is better than too short. As long as there is room behind the surfaces for the rivet end it can hang out a bit.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
The only document I could locate in Photobucket was

and it has no size reference on it. You will have to pick the assortment from what Steve says and by measuring a few empty holes on your Barth. You can size the holes by inserting a drill bit you know the size of. Buy a good rivet gun, as I wore my first rivet gun out.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
The rivets I used on the roof of our '85 were the blind rivets from hansen rivets referenced in a previous post but I don't remember the diameter or length. you can drill one out & determine both. Length may have to be a guess. I used the semi seam sealer from NAPA over roof rivets.
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Kevin,Jim and Tere for following up.
Much appreciated.anyone have a solution for replacing the basement door locks w a different system..most of mine are broken or inop.
The round key type toll hust spins inside.
Cheers
Barronjr

Posts: 13 | Location: san diego Ca. USA | Member Since: 10-07-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
You will find the SEARCH at the top of every forum page. Go to, Start a New Topic, and then SEARCH, which is the third choice in has revealed this page when I searched "basement lock." Just buy new ones from Southco.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post