Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

KINDA NEW
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
I now cut down 3 trees now any size barth can now fit in our back yard mabe at least 3 or 4 now that would be a party.

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve and Belinda Maynard
posted Hide Post
Hi all. Just joined today. I tried to reply to the post about the 1975 Barth in Macclenny Florida. Don't know where the post went but we bought that RV last night!! It seems to be in great shape and really clean for it's age, perfect for what we had in mind. This is our first RV so we'll be reading these posts often. LOL We'll be picking it up on Saturday during daylight hours. The Onan generator was removed and replaced with a 3500 UST,so the interior on/off switch has been disabled. He also replaced the hot water heater. We're excited. I know there is a wealth of info on this site and we plan to find it all.LOL Thanks for having us.
Belinda

Posts: 5 | Location: Alachua, Florida | Member Since: 02-18-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve and Belinda Maynard:
Hi all. Just joined today. I tried to reply to the post about the 1975 Barth in Macclenny Florida. Don't know where the post went but we bought that RV last night!!
Here is a link to the post that you can't find.

Forums > Barth Sightings > Barth on a Dodge Chassis

Welcome to the site. When you get a few minutes would you please send me some better pictures. You have a unique coach and I would like some additional photos for our files.

bill_ny@barthmobilecom

I also added that avatar you see below your name and tweaked your profile info. If you need any help, just ask. Everyone is very helpful here.

BTW: If you're not too busy you should check out the Barth GTG in Seffner, Fla in 10 more days.

Barth Rangers Fla. Rally - Feb 28 to March 4

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forums, neighbor! My office used to be in Alachua, Crossroads Insurance Agency. For a couple of years, Accord Insurance, and now Three Rivers Insurance.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi All,
Picked up our '75 Barth today. We see quite a few minor things to keep us busy for some time.
Would love to be in Seffner but that won't be possible. Unfortunately, DH Steve, is going in for open heart surgery on 2/25. He'll be down and out for about 8 weeks. Plenty of time to putz. Need to reseal all the windows, fix a broken water pipe,install a stereo, fix some lights, check the brakes, make some cushions for the back, general cleaning inside and out....whew...see plenty to keep us (me) busy.
I'd also like to see about hooking up the original heat and maybe hook an Onan back up. We'd love to attend a Barth-a-thon in the near future to meet and greet and find out what we need to do to preserve this baby. I'm sure you'd all be a wealth of knowledge. I'll keep checking back often. I Love this place!! Send me pictures of the meet and label everyone. I'll try to take some more pictures of the "beast" but it may be awhile.
Thanks for making us feel "at home"
Belinda
PS Where are you now, Rusty?

Posts: 5 | Location: Alachua, Florida | Member Since: 02-18-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I live just west off SR 235 (first left after you cross the Santa Fe), right on the river (actually nothing more than a creek up here...) I'm part of the Brooker "urban sprawl". Big Grin

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read some of the posts on RV insurance. Is there one company in particular that you'd recommend for an old RV? 34 years old? We're going to go with AAA for assistance.
We're still trying to figure out how to travel with all 4 dogs. 2 chocolate labs, a Boykin Spaniel and a small terrier mix. Maybe the grand kids need to stay home LOL.
Sometime in the near future, I'm going to try Bob's dead RV's in High Springs. A field trip of sorts. It doesn't look too promising from afar, but you never know. We are in desperate need of an awning and probably lots more I'm not yet aware of.
Rusty, we're not too far. We're off CR237 and NW 156 Ave. About 2.5 miles from La Crosse.

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Then you're convenient to J D Sanders RV - an excellent place to do business. If you don't recall where they are, go south on 237, cross 441, and you're in their yard...

For insurance, try Progressive, GMAC (through Good Sam), and Foremost.

One of my friends, Peter White, used to live just off 156th about 1/2 mile W. of 237.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
bill i have pics but all large do you still want them

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lenny and judy:
bill i have pics but all large do you still want them
Yes...

bill_ny@barthmobile.com

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know EXACTLY where JD Sanders is. It's right at the turn to my house. LOL If you go up 237 to 156 Ave and hang a left, we're back up in the woods. We went to Bobs used RV parts in High Springs today. Saw a 24ft 1980 Barth in the graveyard. Still has all the cabinets and an oven intact. I don't have an oven so I was thinking......Anyway, sort of like a field trip. I had fun. We're looking for an awning. Even a used one runs $300.00.
Belinda

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
You have to live near where Peter White used to.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

posted Hide Post
Rusty,
We're probably where your friend used to live. We are almost exactly 1/2 mile off 237. Thanks for the insurance info.
Belinda