Forums    General Discussions    Who has the youngest & oldest Barth?
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Who has the youngest & oldest Barth?
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gunner:
We may be drifting, but I met the "new" president of Barth in Oct 96, shortly after a cover story about Barth was published in RV News (Sept '96)

Nope, your not drifting. I get asked a lot about Barth's history. It seemed hardly anyone has heard of a Barth. I hope this thread will bring up some of the history.

Did you own a Barth before this one? What made you buy a Barth, was it the "puff piece" or was this the next evolution in a long line of RV's and you traded up? Do you wave like a lunitic if you see another Barth? I saw the sister to my unit driving down the road and just like that she was gone.

You know my story, it was all about the "Benjamins" for me. Like I said earlier, If I didn't find this web site I would have just stripped it of the good stuff. I was going to do a big MCI or an older GMC bus because I wanted air brakes and a big diesel motor.

I'm glad I didn't strip and junk it. I can't imagine a better group of people then you guys.

------------------
1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission
33' Oshkosh/John Deere Chassis

http://www.truckroadservice.com/

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
I saw my first Barth at an RV show in Washington, D.C. in 1969, a "Continental" pull trailer lke the one advertised in here. I drooled over the quality, but it was way above my pay grade.

We bought our first RV there from the Barth dealer, but it was a stick & staple 18-footer that cost about one-fourth the price of the Barth.

I lusted for a Barth from then on, and came close a time or two over the years. I started searching in earnest 4 years ago, and missed several opportunities before the time was right. We bought our '90, 33' Regal SE 2 years ago, though I wanted a 28.

It looked better than in was, and I've completed about 60 items on a do-list that still grows. Most of the stuff was minor. The major things I fixed first.

The worst was having to remove the black water tank to replace the fuel filler hose, though repairng frozen water pipes under the galley sink ran a close second..

I doubt there's another rig of that age that has less deferred maintenance right now. What's left on mine is cosmetic, except the air horns. I'm not a horn blower, & I've never even tested 'em.

Trouble is, we're both getting long-in-the-tooth, and family health problems preclude long trips any more. We'll try some short ones next summer, and if they don't work out, there may be another Barth for sale then.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
I was always a popup owner , we liked to size for storage, light weight, low cost. Then sister-inlaws folks came to town in a late 80's Flair with a lot of basement space, in fact they paided for trips by selling displays for kids store along the way. He built them and she painted them.They put them together in the parking lot with tools also kept in the basement. That started a search for the perfect second home, now the 1988 28" Regal with now 17,200 original miles on it suits us well. JKB

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have A 1977 34' class A party model. Many improvements to mechanical, interior has some upgrades, but floorplan has remained original.

Posts: 19 | Location: Bonners Ferry, Idaho, U.S.A. | Member Since: 12-23-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BIG BARTHA:
Have A 1977 34' class A party model. Many improvements to mechanical, interior has some upgrades, but floorplan has remained original.

Welcome to the site Big Bartha. What's a "Party Model"? How long have you had your Barth?

------------------
1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited December 23, 2005).]

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
At the last Barth rally the Dodds Barth was pointed out as the last Barth built. The Dodds are fron Vero Beach, and hosted the rally.

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I just got an email from "pepepepe" and he doesn't have a toaster. Check out his Coach at....

http://community-2.webtv.net/pepepepe/197125BARTHLimited/

------------------
1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission

posted Hide Post
Thank you, nice to find a place like this. Owned since fall of 1995. Previous owner was retired Rockwell engineer. Party model is the basic floorplan. Because there is no dinette or table in galley area, or any sort of regular bed in the rear, instead, there were 3 couches, a two stool bar area, and a barrel type chair. Two facing couches and the bar in the rear area, with one couch and the barrel chair in front area. This floorplan is viewable in the gallery on page 9. It is in the Various Brochures block, The '34 T . It is the one on the bottom with the binder hole in it. Did come with large binder containing all Manuals, diagrams and mechanical history. Including major improvements and upgrades. Looks much like the one pictured, except colors. Does have 10 tires. More if you would are interested in knowing, but don't want to ramble on.
quote:
Originally posted by Bill:
Welcome to the site Big Bartha. What's a "Party Model"? How long have you had your Barth?

Posts: 19 | Location: Bonners Ferry, Idaho, U.S.A. | Member Since: 12-23-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BIG BARTHA:
More if you would are interested in knowing, but don't want to ramble on.

If you ramble on for 3 more post you will go from a "junior member" to a "Barthmobile Member"!

Now if your like "bill h" you will become a "Barthmoblie Member" right after you become a "Barth Whiz" somewhere in the neighborhood of 750 to 1000 posts!

Keep posting and we'll keep listening.

Ps. notice the smilies

Shields up!

------------------
1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited December 25, 2005).]

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I have found that the party coaches were quite prevelent. We have had a few, maybe five or so, sold on the website. When I first started the website one of the first coaches for sale was posted by a lawyer in New Orleans who had a 1995 22 footer, max'd out and and solely for the purpose of taking his family to their beach property in Florida. I don't recall what he sold it for but he paid well over $100K for it.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill:

Now if your like "bill h" you will become a "Barthmoblie Member"

I have always wondered exactly what a "Barthmoblie Member" was, but I guess I are one.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
A Barthmobile member is one of great value to our Barth community. he/she has been around long enough to show that we are not a threat to them and they have posted enough that it is obvious that they need us, or we need them.

On a more important note and thanks the many caring and active members in ever state. We can confidently say that every members family is attractive, well bred, and use the correct forks at a nice restaurant.

All members children and grand children are attractive, bright and are excited about school. They all enjoy rich, non-prime, colors which are represented in most Barth wood blinds from 1972-1988, (Barth must have got a deal).

Barth membership is not based on any of the following things. Age, check book balance, whether you have donated to the site or not, whether you like me or not, whether you are unhappy about our info gathering sources or note, whether you care about illegal wire taps or not.

We are interested in more sound consideration. High cheek bones for example.

Here is a picture of me, as I was contemplating whether I should go shovel the snow off of the driveway or clean my combs while Deb did it. Some say I am the example of the perfect Barth Member

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited December 26, 2005).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Shields down...

No Dave, it's not a Barthmobile member, it's a Barthmoblie member. How do you become a Barthmob"lie" Member.

Do they tell fibs about the origin of light or lack there of and Barthmoblie the word "thread drift"?

Is a Barthmoblie a person who stretches the truth to the point that it's a "French cruller", truth is still there but wrapped in confusion?

Does Barthmobile.com Barthmoblie you into posting weird and wild stuff? How would you use it in a sentence?

Greetings: "How the Barthmoblie are you?"
Fraud" "I was Barthmoblied by the McDonalds Drive Through."
Dismay: "Oh, Barthmoblie it."
Trouble: "Well, I guess I'm Barthmoblied again"
Aggression" "Barthmoblie you!!!"
Disgust: "Barthmoblie me!!!"
Confusion: "What the barthmoblie....?"
Diffuclty: "I don't understand this barthmoblie thing."
Despair: "Barthmoblied again."
Incompetence: "He Bathmoblies up everything."
Displeasure: "What the Barthmoblie is going on?"
Lost: "Where the Barthmoblie are we?"
Disbelief: "UnBarthmoblievable!!!"
Disappointment: "That's not Barthmoblie fair"
Denial: "I didn't Barthmoblie do it."
Perplexity: "I know Barthmoblie all about it"
Apathy: "Who gives a Barthmoblie?"
Resignation: "Oh Barthmoblie it."
Suspicion: "Who the Barthmoblie are you?"
Panic: "Let's get the Barthmoblie out of here!"
Ambiguity: "I'm not so Barthmoblie sure."

After we agree I'll write to Webster.

Shields up...

------------------
1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited December 26, 2005).]

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
It sounds to me like some of our Barthmobilers have consumed waaaayy too much Eggnog during these glorious holidays......

"THE TOY" 88 33'Regal SE Coach #3448

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Forget the egg nog it's the S U G A R

------------------