Forums    General Discussions    Let me introduce my Barth to you.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Let me introduce my Barth to you.
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of J.B.
posted
Hello,
Thanks for the add. We recently became the caretaker of a 1986 Barth, I was told was a bookmobile. Someone along the way tried of make an RV with 2x4 wood screws and not a single straight edge, half way to a bathroom no plumbing hooked up. Everything NOT installed at the factory comes out. Right now it's in the shop, the brakes were scary to the floor on the 3hr drive home, They'll replace all the fluids grease everything and rebuild the brakes and then we'll see what else. Steering, truck ac etc.
I'll look for the data tag this week and get more pictures before I start demolition.

Posts: 7 | Location: Indiana | Member Since: 08-08-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I look fwd to more pics of before & after. Might want to try to reduce the size of pics before posting next time. I think there is a way to put in a link to all of your pictures but I don't know how to do that.

Maybe someone out there can school us on that. Keep on Barthin'
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
You have the makings for a beautiful RV. When I converted mine, I put windows in, you will probably want to do that too. The beauty of your situation, is that you have a blank canvas upon which to create your dream.

How many miles? You will find that there are many good sources of coaching in this file, and I look forward to your pictures of your updates.

Happy Motoring!
Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 525 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J.B.
posted Hide Post
Yes, very sorry for the giant picture. In my file it was no where near that big and I didn't look at the size.
This thing has the two 4 step staircases for front and rear doors that come off and the floor of it is at that first solid trim line above the fender wells.
This barge has 11,500 miles.
But oddly enough it was kinda fun to drive.

Posts: 7 | Location: Indiana | Member Since: 08-08-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J.B.
posted Hide Post
I found the data tag and put the info on my profile. Question? Does anyone know where or how to decode the internal number on the data tag? 8068-3354-31S-6.

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The first 4 digits are the build date: YYMM
In this case it appears you may have transposed digits? (8068 would be the the 68th month in 1980...) 8608 would be Aug of 1986 (it is correct on your profile)

Second 4 digits are the Barth sequential build number. 3354 would be the 3,354th coach in this series. This makes sense since my 86 Regal was 8607 (July 86) #3346

The last group indicates length (31ft), S for Specialty Vehicle, then 6, the floorplan style.

Good luck with your project! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5180 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
One slight correction, Steve, The built sequence number includes all trailers, class c, gas motor homes, and breakaways. Actually everything but Regencies.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J.B.
posted Hide Post
Steve,
Thank you. Sorry about the numbers, I'll just say I am a south paw and leave it at that. LOL
Of course now I'll be wondering what a #6 floor plan is. Hope it's not like the #6 like they were planning for Rock Ridge.

Don't know, Mongo only pawn in game of life!

Thanks again sir!
JB