Forums    General Discussions    What influence this website wields!!
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

What influence this website wields!!
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
Here I am comfy with my 1998 Pentium II Compag Presario and you guys have to bring up Google earth. Of course, I can not partake because I have a Model T here and you need at least a Studebaker to make the thing work.

So what do I do? I just ordered, boy are you guys going to envious...

I just ordered a Dell Media Center with a Pentium D 820 (2.8GHz) w/Dual Core Technology
1 gig Ram a 500 gig hard drive, two dvd bays, one to play and one to burn DVD's and CD's. All the top audio and video cards, (that's what they tell me)a 20 inch wide screen digital monitor and the computer has a TV tuner no less so I can watch Gilmore Girls and read about Kwickee Steps at the same time... We are already WIFI in the house here so of course we are plug and play there.

This is almost as exciting as when we updated from our XT to the 286 with a 10MB harddrive and a 300 baud modem. Frankly I think I paid more for that computer than I paid for this one. Well it will be a week and a half before we get it so we will have something to look forward to.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
If you realy want to make us envious you could tell us you got it for Deb as a Christmas gift! Just ask Danny how to do it!

Are you sure your going to be able to handle all of that power Scotty!

------------------

1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission
33' Oshkosh/John Deere Chassis

http://www.truckroadservice.com/

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited December 28, 2005).]

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Oh, oh yeah, I forget to tell you that I got if for Deb.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi there, Just received my pentium d computer with similar features from gateway. Included wireless mouse and keyboard, and printer. Totally love it. Have tried, and can not bog it down too easily. have had 27 applications running at once. hope you enjoy yours too.
quote:
Originally posted by davebowers:
Here I am comfy with my 1998 Pentium II Compag Presario and you guys have to bring up Google earth. Of course, I can not partake because I have a Model T here and you need at least a Studebaker to make the thing work.

So what do I do? I just ordered, boy are you guys going to envious...

I just ordered a Dell Media Center with a Pentium D 820 (2.8GHz) w/Dual Core Technology
1 gig Ram a [b]500 gig
hard drive, two dvd bays, one to play and one to burn DVD's and CD's. All the top audio and video cards, (that's what they tell me)a 20 inch wide screen digital monitor and the computer has a TV tuner no less so I can watch Gilmore Girls and read about Kwickee Steps at the same time... We are already WIFI in the house here so of course we are plug and play there.

This is almost as exciting as when we updated from our XT to the 286 with a 10MB harddrive and a 300 baud modem. Frankly I think I paid more for that computer than I paid for this one. Well it will be a week and a half before we get it so we will have something to look forward to.

[/B]

Posts: 19 | Location: Bonners Ferry, Idaho, U.S.A. | Member Since: 12-23-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
"Dell Media Center with a Pentium D 820 (2.8GHz) w/Dual Core Technology
1 gig Ram a 500 gig hard drive, two dvd bays, one to play and one to burn DVD's and CD's. All the top audio and video cards..."

UHH-OHH!! Dave has a Media Center! Now the home page will show the American Flag waving while Elton Britt sings "There's A Star Spangled Banner Waving Somewhere".
Or maybe Jimi Hendrix's "Star Spangled Banner" from Dave's Woodstock Album??
------------------
"Your computer is you" ---Seymour Cray

[This message has been edited by Gunner (edited December 28, 2005).]

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I remember when I was hot stuff putting in a 150K hard drive.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Congrats Dave, today is my 78th birthday and I was feeling pretty darn good but with all this new power you are getting I won't be able to catch up to you. Enjoy......carl

"THE TOY" 88 33' Regal SE Coach #3448

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
We wish you a Very Happy Birthday. And, Carl, you are way ahead of me. I still don't know how you get those graphics in the emails. And, allow me to say, that you have brought great joy to our family thanks to the "Flack Spam" we get. In fact, since you added my ex-wife to the list, she sends her favorites back to me. I keep trying to tell her I get them the same time she does.

------------------

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited December 29, 2005).]

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carlflack:
Today is my 78th birthday and I was feeling pretty darn good

Happy Birthday Carl.

------------------

1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Well, Happy Birthday, Carl. You're just a little ahead of me. I'll be 77 on 1/10.

And keep up the spam. I don't know where you mine it, but it's filling up my hard drive, and I've been spreading it around, too.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Hear Hear!! Flackspam has always been one of the most enjoyable sections of this site. I still go over my mail one at a time and would thoroughly enjoy receiving Flackspam.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Maybe Carl will tell us how he sends those Emails with the pictures that display as the letter opens.

I am so inept that I can only send pictures as attachments.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
OK! I'm not a typist but I'll try to explain. There are a lot of people who are supposed to be working but instead are sitting at their computers creating novelty stuff. This "stuff" eventually finds it's way into the W.W.W. NOW! there is a group of old senior citizens, former neighbors, etc. who have nothing to do but send jokes and pictures to each other. We screen everything through Symantec(Norton Anti-Virus)AND we have to be selective to avoid offending anyone---you know "the dirty old man syndrome"--it helps us old guys to remember our youth. I have no special computer skills (I can't even figure how to post the temperature in my posts),I just screen and forward what Dave calls "Spam". I will try to add some Barthmobilers to my address book but if anyone is offended by a particular subject I.E. Political, Race, Gender, Location,let me know.........carl

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Listen if anyone is going to be offended it is my ex-wife. She divorced me 25 years ago never got remarried and lives 5 miles way. That proves she is overly sensitive. The only thing that offends me is the redneck stuff. No I am not a rednecks, it's rednecks that offend me..he he. just kidding.

Just a note, Carl's is the only chain stuff I open...period. I have been entertained for, how long Carl, 3-4 years. Trust me, in the last three to four years I needed some entertaining and Carls stuff hits the spot. Plus, we look alike... I don't look old he looks young...

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
Maybe Carl will tell us how he sends those Emails with the pictures that display as the letter opens

If I ever get one I'll tell you how he does it.

Put me on your list and I dare you to try and offend me!

------------------

1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited December 29, 2005).]