Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth possible newcomers
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Yesterday the Webb's, Ken and Susan drove from the Blooington, In area to view our Barth and discuss why they should consider buying one. We had a wonderful visit with these very nice people, and I want to introduce them to you all. They had found the Barthmobile site on their own and in fact saw that we live in Indy so it was a natural for them to contact us. Ken is an Industrial arts teacher and just made from scratch a 10 X 30 doubled deck pontoon boat out of alum. so he is a natural for a Barth. Susan I believe works with student teachers at IU. They are looking for a Diesel approx. 28 to 30 feet, but might consider a 33. They look in on the site, so any comments members might have I am sure they will welcome. Thanks for hearing me out. Dale and Sharon Smith Indy P.S. They by chance spotted the first Barth at a football game, and thougt it was very nice. DOESN'T THAT SOUND FAMILIAR?

[This message has been edited by DALE SMITH (edited November 30, 2003).]

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Dale, for that very kind and unexpected introduction. We certainly enjoyed meeting you and Sharon. If you are typical of those in the community of Barth ownership, there is even more reason to join in. We'll be seeking the right coach for us.

Posts: 2 | Location: Bloomington, IN, US | Member Since: 11-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Barthmobile.com. I already can see that you have the "Barth Bug". It can only get better from here.

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave, cancel the request for the tow info, did not realize how much was involved, being a newbie to the rv's, I getting quite a education about a lot of areas. Regards, Joe Shepherd

Posts: 13 | Location: Fayetteville, Ga. 30215 USA | Member Since: 07-23-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Ken and Susan welcome to the Barth forum. You have stumbled upon an excellent source for information on all things Barth. Just reading the many posts here will show you the pride and passion we have for our coaches.

I've commented here before that I believe the Barth to be one of the best deals in high end motorhomes available today. Few people have heard of them and they are no longer produced. This is a big negative for most people and as a result depresses the price of Barths significantly. However, the way I see things, this is a big advantage since this allows one to purchase a Barth at prices well below market value compared to other more common models.

Barth tried to use the best quality parts and methods of construction available and literally hand built each coach on a custom order. If you are handy people there is nothing on these coaches that cannot be repaired of replaced with rare exception.

If you find something you like, post a question and you will find out where the vulnerabilities are from some very knowledgeable people. depending on what you want to spend, there are some very nice gas and diesel coaches available. I spent nearly three years watching this site before I decided to buy and learned a lot in the process. You will also.

When you read post on this forum, you can contact the person whose post interests you by clicking on the flying envelope in the date line to get the email address of the individual and contact them if you want to talk directly to them. Happy hunting.

------------------
Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Bill and Georgene for the very welcome comments. We see how useful this website is for great information about the Barth "community" as well as its products.
What an excellent bunch of folks! You certainly were patient to wait three years until you found just the right Barth. Hopefully you are very pleased with your Barth. Best wishes to you both. Susan

Posts: 2 | Location: Bloomington, IN, US | Member Since: 11-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
The wait was not all patience. I was frustrate most of the time. It just took a while to get my finances right. My daughter decided to get married about one year into the search and the wedding costs set our time schedule back. But, all things happen for a reason. It turned out that I bought the coach that I most wanted,but never thought I could afford. After it was on the market for two years the seller was agreeable with my low offer.

------------------
Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ken and Susan, what helped us in our search was that after approx. two years of looking we found two Barth's we really liked. This being said we knew after viewing them both that we were going to buy one or the other. We did not feel any pressure to buy one over the other so we made a very low offer on the one we ended up buying knowing we could always buy the other. The owner we purchased from knew we were looking at another Barth, and like what happened to Bill G. the seller did not want us to walk away. Strange as it is the slide feature has really made the non-slide units a buyers market. We did not buy with resale in mind, and the lack of a slide was not a big deal to us. We wanted the quality that Barth offers. I am sure there are other members that will share with you more food for thought. Best Wishes. Dale and Sharon

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post