Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1989 Barth Royale
 Login now/Join our community

posted
We have just purchased a 1989 -33 foot - Model 33C - with tag axel, gas 454, rest of the bells and whistles - some basement storage, -have photo but don't know how to post one here - Barth Royale - but I can't seem to find any models like this - they are usually a Regency. Does anyone know anything about the Royale Model?
Thanks
Linda

[This message has been edited by Linda (edited September 30, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited October 01, 2003).]

Posts: 75 | Location: Ontario CANADA | Member Since: 09-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Geez Bill, no hi or welcome? Bill's a nice guy he must have been in a hurry.

Hi Linda,

Welcome to Barthmobile.com and congratulations on your "new to you" coach. We are all becoming "mini-experts" on Regals, Regency's, breakaways and even Monarchs. But we have heard very little about the Royale. I have a ton of brochures, advertising info etc. and nothing on the Royale.

Could you share a little more with us and the length, engine type, maybe a picture?

Thanks.

Dave

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited September 30, 2003).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Mea Culpa, Dave. Mea Maxima Culpa.

I sometimes get too economical with words on line. Blame it on old CW training. I also type like a bear with boxing gloves, and have the syntax of Koko the gorilla. Add dyslexia, and it only gets worse. The only way I can type an articulate thought is to compose in Word and then copy/paste to forum.

Or perhaps I should blame my father. He was, if you will, almost Socratic in his manner of instruction, often just asking a one-word question. That was often more effective than a whole sermon, lecture or inquisition.

Anyway, Welcome, Linda. Please forgive the brevity of my last post.

As far as the Royale thing, I can only divine from old NADA guide that the Royales were gas tandems, and were listed only for 84 as "32 and 35 Royale tags" and in 85 as "35 Royale". In 86, there are 32 and 34 Regal SEs listed, and a 34 Regal Detroit Diesel. I have an 84 30 tag that the previous owner said was a Royale. The Barth tag says 8405-3087-30TS23. It is a basement model, if that makes it a Royale. The NADA guide doesn't even show a 30 foot anything for 84 (my year), but that is no biggie, as many Barths were custom. In 84, there is a tremendous leap in price from the 28 foot Regal to the 32 Royale. .

For Linda's year, 1989, they list 31 and 33 Regal SE tags.

Dave, I will be faxing you the Barth pages from the old (85) NADA book. Later, I will blow up a fax I have of a later book that lists up to 1990 to make it faxable and send it to you tomorrow.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have tried to post a photo but haven't figured it out yet. It is a 33 foot - gas 454 tag axle Royale, and it looks like the other models of 1989 - I don't notice much difference, but since this is the first barth I have ever seen, I don't know what to look at for comparison.
Thanks
Linda

Posts: 75 | Location: Ontario CANADA | Member Since: 09-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We finally got it - we are pleased - have noticed a few things now that we didn't notice before - a bit of softness at the lower edges of a couple of windows which seem to indicate past damage due to wetness - don't see any now, but it must have been wet some time. It drives smoothly, has been maintained nicely, and everything seems to work so far. Of course we have only driven it the hour or so from the dealer to home, so who knows what will happen when we get it out on the highway. The dealer did the certification required here, so it has had the basics checked. We will take it for a test run this week - likely to visit my sons -about four hours drive from here and stay for a few days. Then we will do another test run a bit further before we head south to Arizona etc.
We are looking forward to travelling in the Barth and are hoping we have some luck and don't break down. We do have CAA including RV service so hopefully we are covered in any event. Will let you know how it goes.

<Larry and Heidi in CA>
posted
That is one AWESOME looking coach.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First Trip Taken in this great coach and it went very well!!! We went for five days to visit our son and it handled easily and all went fine. Everything seems to work although our tach stopped working shortly after we left home. The furnaces and air conditioners worked fine as did the generator and everything else. It was a real experience. Since Dave got the information from the past Sales Mgr of Barth that ours is one of only five Royales made, we are very pleased to have acquired this great coach. At least we know why there aren't any listings in Nada for them and we know for sure we got a real deal on it. It has already been reupholstered and has had new floor coverings put in so the colors are more up to date and in great condition. We don't have to change anything for a long time - and it rained all day home today with no leaks anywhere so I think we are ok in that department also. All in all - we are very satisfied with our first outing. I would like to ask Dave if the Barth Sales Mgr. said there were only 5 Royales for 1989 or in total, and if in total, did he mentioned what years they were made in?
I also have taken some photos of the interior and more of the exterior of the Royale and will get them on as soon as I figure out how.

Thanks
Linda & Dave Alexander