Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Hallo from Germany
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hallo,
since 2 weeks ago we got our Barth.This week we want to make our first Trip.I have a new web-site when you are intrested the side is www.oelhardt@web.de it is not a profesenel Side but they are a lot of pictueres.
Sorry for the bad english.
JO

we are from Germany and searching Barth owners in Europa

Posts: 10 | Location: Germany | Member Since: 12-11-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Hello,
I tried to go to the web site you posted but could not locate the pictures.

Your English is not "that bad".

Edited: played with several combinations of name and web address and found it. This is the correct link Germany Jo's Barth

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Beat me to it! Anyway, did you notice it's a 22' with a GM diesel?

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Beat me to it!

Did you have any doubt? I played with it for 5 minutes. How long did you monkey with it.

quote:
Anyway, did you notice it's a 22' with a GM diesel?

A new 6.3L I see.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I played with it this afternoon for about five minutes (while on the clock at a consulting gig) unsuccessfully, and finally figured out where to slice and dice it this evening.

But even in my Geekdom, I couldn't keep up with someone who does road sevice at -40F....

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I got an Email from Dave a couple of days ago and he said "you are a really cosmopolitan truck guy"

Is that the new word for "Geekdom"?

The coldest was -28 below without the wind chill. I have it pretty easy compared to those "International Falls, Minnesota" truck mechanics.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Nope - Geekdom requires one to be able to sling phrases like DDR2, FSB, AM2, BIOS, overclocking, waterblock, blowhole, CC array, Peltier, etc., as if one knows what he's talking about... Wink

And to be able (as I can) to build a PC in less than an hour and never look at any of the manuals...(Real Men don't need no stinking directions).

But I leave replacing fan belts in sub-freezing temps to you Sons of the Pioneers!

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
So "Cosmopolitan" is not equated with "Geekdom" I think I understand. Now, for me and the rest of us, could you explain what a "blowhole" is?

And ah, I want pictures. Yeah, yeah... You can draw them and post them here. We won't mind.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Between Rusty and Bill, I'm getting an inferiority complex. These guys could teach Phd level courses on a variety of subjects. As Dave has said, we're lucky to have them. Now if I could only understand what they're talking about. I guess that's one of the great things about getting older--you can't remember what you learned in 1st grade, so you can't learn anything new and nobody expects you to.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
on the bus boards a blowhole is an escape hatch.....

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Bill, if I told you what a blowhole is, I'd have to kill you (National Security and all that....) Smiler

But if you weren't a security risk, I'd disclose that it's a fan on the top of a case that exhausts the hottest air...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

posted Hide Post
quote:
Beat me to it! Anyway, did you notice it's a 22' with a GM diesel?

Hallo
you are right.The Barth has a GM 6.3 liter Diesel.
Jo

we are from Germany and searching Barth owners in Europa

Posts: 10 | Location: Germany | Member Since: 12-11-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post