Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New to the Barth Family
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Nick&Emily
posted
Hello!

We're new Barth Owners from Georgia. My fiancé Emily and I have been camping in our truck camper for a couple years and love getting off the beaten path and taking our pups with us. We usually explore forest service roads in the Smokey Mountains but last winter we took a trip from Georgia to NYC in the truck camper and "boondocked" the whole way. The trip was great, but we decided we wanted a little more space for the long trips in the future.

Here are a couple pictures of our truck camper setup:

We researched what we really wanted for those longer trips and ended up falling in love with the build quality and classic design of the Barth Coaches. Google lead us to Barthmobile where I read a lot of the forums posts and confirmed that we definitely wanted a Barth.

I found Don and Bonnies Barth (Cantrade) listed in the for sale part of the forum and emailed back and forth with him for over a month. In late October we made the trip from Georgia out to New Mexico to meet them and their Barth. Don and Bonnie were absolutely wonderful and they had clearly taken care of their Barth. Emily and I both feel lucky to have found the Coach of our dreams and met such wonderful people in the process. We can't say enough good things about Don and Bonnie!

We only had two weeks off of work but we took the opportunity to do a short tour of New Mexico before heading home to Georgia. We saw Santa Fe, Albuquerque, hiked in the Sandia Mountains, took a dip in the Hot Springs in Truth or Consequences, got Chilies in Hatch, played in the dunes in White Sands National Park, toured the Carlsbad Caverns and then headed across Texas to Georgia.

Don was meticulous with his maintenance in the Barth and I was very impressed with its condition but still expected somethings to break on a 2500 mile maiden voyage. The Coach performed even better than expected and the only issue was the fridge refusing to run on LP the last day of the trip which was easily fixed. (debris on the pilot light port)

We boondocked on the way back as we would have in the truck camper. No hookups was no problem and we ran the generator only 30 min to an hour each night to top off the batteries. We have made a couple small updates and improvements and have plans to make a few more to suit our boondocking style. Looking forward to posting more soon! Here are a few pictures of our maiden voyage as well as one from the first trip with the pups to visit family over Thanksgiving:

[IMG]https://drive.google.com/uc?
id=1BP2-ZJliPxhYr8ZE8CE9RCVNcOyRuiCm[/IMG]

Safe Travels!

-Nick and Emily (and Duke, Peter, and Anna )

Posts: 13 | Location: Athens, Georgia | Member Since: 09-10-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Nick and Emily

Nice pics we love pictures. Good solid rig to make your own. Questions just ask. We may not have all the answers but there is a wealth of advice and opinions to help you out.

Hope you didn't take to long to remove the cactus spines from Emily. Those cactus are protected and you are not supposed to be moved...... We appreciate humor also. Hope you do also!

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a great coach. If I can ever help with information just let me know. I'm just down the road near Augusta.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Smiler
I know ya'll will enjoy it .
Hope to see you out on the road sometime . Tooling Along

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 625 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Great pics and stories. I especially love the pic with the Barth looking out over what I guess are dunes. Striking. Thanks

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick&Emily
posted Hide Post
First, I apologize for the GIANT picture in the middle that I am sure messed up the format for most peoples viewing. I had a little trouble adding the pictures to the post and I think I edited the post too many times. Now I lost permission to edit my own post and fix that one. Ooops. D'oh

Thank you for the warm welcome!

quote:
Hope you didn't take to long to remove the cactus spines from Emily. Those cactus are protected and you are not supposed to be moved...... We appreciate humor also. Hope you do also!

Luckily that was a common "Spineless Mexican Metal Art Cactus" we found at a shop in Hatch! No prickly parts to deal with and for a few bucks they can be quite portable, haha!

quote:
I'm just down the road near Augusta.

Thanks Nick, I like that name! I am also quite familiar with Augusta and Harlem. I grew up outside of Gibson, GA just off of HWY 80 probably only about 20-30 minutes from you. Small world isn't it?

quote:
Hope to see you out on the road sometime . Tooling Along

Thank you, we do too!

quote:
Great pics and stories. I especially love the pic with the Barth looking out over what I guess are dunes. Striking. Thanks

Thanks, Jim! Those were the White Gypsum dunes in White Sands National Park. You get to drive right up to them and go explore.

-Nick and Emily (and Duke, Peter, and Anna )

Posts: 13 | Location: Athens, Georgia | Member Since: 09-10-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post