Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth sightings
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted
Saw two Barths today.....the first was in a gas station in the Foothills. Saw it as we were on our way to a Snoqualmie Valley Picnic in Yuma. The 2nd was at the picnic, i saw on the signup roster that he was from Wisconsin and was related to somebody from the valley, so i had to hunt him down and ask him if he was a member of the Barths that made rv's family. No relation but he said that he almost bought one years ago and his wife always told him he should have one. Hey, he already has the name how could he not have the motorhome? :>)

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I saw one too!

Oh, wait, it was mine....oops!

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Me thinks that Rusty is in love with his
Barth! Hey, it happens!

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by humbojb:
Me thinks that Rusty is in love with his
Barth! Hey, it happens!

What Barth owner isn't?

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
This is a real Barth sighting presented in my normal smart a-- way. It is not a political comment.

Yesterday morning some local folks and the police were shooting at each other as it happens from time to time here in Los Angeles. The truth be told, all I heard on the traffic report, way too late to change roads, was that there was a shooting. I have no idea who or what shot at whom. The report said no one was hit and this is good.

So here is what I saw.

Not wanting to miss out on the action what appeared to be at least half of the available California Highway Patrol on duty staff drove over and parked their cars helter skelter blocking what was already a slow part of the freeway and proceeded to stand about admiring their handy work.

Standing proud and looking rather nice is a sea of flashing lights and idle bipedal donut haulers was a Barth. The Barth crime investigation coach was boldly painted black and white and has a nice CHP forthrightly painted on the side. I think it is a pre 1980 version about 28 feet. It is nice to see that the California Highway Patrol is keeping their Barth on the road; driving by it looked immaculate. I must say, even parked, the coach projected an aura that well overshadowed the newer coaches parked at “El Monte RV Rentals" just down the road.

The CHP has excellent mechanics, I will have to keep an eye open to see if the CHP ever sells the coach.

Timothy

Edit for typos

[This message has been edited by timnlana (edited February 03, 2006).]

Posts: 282 | Location: Studio City, California | Member Since: 02-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
There was a crime vehicle for sale on EBay a few years ago and it was maxed out' They were selling it with all the radio stuff, lights, sirens the whole bit. I saved the images shortly before I got my big kahuna satellite disk drive and before I had the big meltdown and lost everything I didn't have on Imagestation. I think that Barth was strong into the commercial vehicles during their entire history.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
I will bet my boots that the Hamilton Ontario regional police service has a Barth crime vehicle too. This steel making city of 375,000 has had a few shootings over the last year or 2 and their crime lab folks have shown up on local TV a couple of times. I've only had a glimpse of the vehicle on the news but it sure looks like an 80s Barth.
One of these days I'm gonna be downtown and go into their HQ and ask.
Don
quote:
Originally posted by davebowers:
There was a crime vehicle for sale on EBay a few years ago and it was maxed out' They were selling it with all the radio stuff, lights, sirens the whole bit. I saved the images shortly before I got my big kahuna satellite disk drive and before I had the big meltdown and lost everything I didn't have on Imagestation. I think that Barth was strong into the commercial vehicles during their entire history.

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Don, you expect us to beleive that?

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Dave, how do you do that!!!??? Must be that new computer with gazillion megasomething star wars light speed.

[This message has been edited by humbojb (edited February 04, 2006).]

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
It's magic...smoke, wires, and mirrors.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
And Google!!!

------------------

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
OK, so I'm a point and click kinda computer whiz! It never dawned on me to use the gumdad thing to look for it on the net.
Thanks Dave.
Don
quote:
Originally posted by davebowers:
And Google!!!

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Hey Don---don't feel bad. You still have to know what words to put in that little space and then what to click on when something comes up that's sounds scientific.too. Let's face it, Dave's a whiz!