Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Nick sent DVD, CD
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted
Nick the mail today contained your Barth DVD, have not played it yet, just wanted to thank you for sending it!! Glad you found them!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Everything you even thought you wanted to know about a Barth. Enjoy.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/22
Picture of Ian and Lynnette
posted Hide Post
Ours is still on a dogsled somewhere, or maybe held under suspicion at a border crossing.

Posts: 141 | Location: Nanton, Alberta, Canada | Member Since: 02-27-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
That just shows how valuable the information is on that DVD. The Canadians or the USA won’t let the information out of or into respective countries.
With COVID who knows what will cross the border without issues.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CD has arrived! But it does not work. Properties indicates "0 bytes".
I noticed the large postage charge; sorry Nick, items mailed to Canada are always so expensive. I've made a Barthmobile donation as compensation.

Posts: 141 | Location: Nanton, Alberta, Canada | Member Since: 02-27-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Maybe Duane can make a copy of his and send it to you.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Given the cost of postage, I'd hold off on that.

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Hey, no problem will see if my stuff will copy it and let you know.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Nick, was not smart enough to play the CD on my computer tried to play it in a video player for the TV at first. That of course does not work, put it in the computer and it works fine.

Ian, try it in your computer CD bet it works!!

What a wealth of Barth history, thank you so much, Nick!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I thought so! There have been numerous formats used for CDs over the years, each one having more storage capacity than the last.

Glad to know the info is still there and useable! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
Ian, try it in your computer CD bet it works!!

My computer is my only CD/DVD player, and it does not work there, but other CDs do. A new player should open an old disc, I would have thought. I will look around for other play options.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:

My computer is my only CD/DVD player, and it does not work there,...

This external drive might work for you from Amazon.
Check the specifications listed.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
The optical drive arrived today. It plays both of my Barth DVDs. The date on each of the Digital Video Disks is 9/25/12.
When I purchased the Barth DVDs almost 10 years ago the DVD player I added an internal DVD player burner to the computer was about $200. Today the external is less than $30.
If you are running a Apple iPad, the above player will not work. I have not tried it on a Mac, but there is a plug included for it.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post