Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Rear ujoint straps
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I’m new to the Barth forums and Barth ownership but I’m super happy to be part of both. I do have an issue though; my Barth was towed home and the rear of the driveshaft was removed. It’s not an issue normally, but after tearing out the trans, rebuilding it, and getting everything back in, I realized that the aft universal joint straps were missing along with the bolts. I have already found out that the Dorman 81019 that are supposed to be for the p30 chassis do not fit the rear, nor do the forward straps that connect the driveshaft to the back of the transmission. Does anyone happen to know what straps belong there? Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

Posts: 4 | Location: New York | Member Since: 08-21-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t know if this will help since I don’t know what model it is.

Posts: 4 | Location: New York | Member Since: 08-21-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Body

posted Hide Post
Interior tag

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I believe the rear ujoints are held not by bolts and straps as in front but by U bolts that go through the yoke with nuts on the back side. The curved portion of the U bolt is flattened where it straddles the ujoint bearing cap. I could not find any pictures, sorry.

That is another unique coach. Tag axles were rare that early on and 30 ft is the shortest tag we have seen.

Good luck with your project!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your help! That makes absolute sense now that you say it because the holes weren't threaded, so I wondered if maybe there were bolt that held them in place. U-bolts should have been the first thing that I thought of, but it's been a long week.

Posts: 1 | Location: New York | Member Since: 07-04-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
try this dana u-bolt

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Dana 60 girdle

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post