Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1976 Barth Motorhome
 Login now/Join our community

posted
All I have a 1976 Barth Motorhome 28 foot 454 Big Block and am interested in selling it. Is there a certain website or place I can go to find the current value of this vehicle. I have tinted the windows, replaced battery, and starter. The vehicle has less than 45K miles and runs very well. I do need to replace the sewer tank as the old one had a crack in it but other than small cosmetic work(some missing light covers, one slight scratch) the vehicle looks great and runs even better. Does anyone have advice on where I can find value and such? Thanks all and happy driving!

quote:
Here are some more pictures of the motor home. I have had some interest from Craig's list so hopeful I can find a deal on it. Like I said before I would like to get $3500 out of it (cash or trade value) but with the work that needs done to it (flywheel eventually and sewer tank replaced) I would take $3000 cash/trade. It does start and run (will need jumped since it has sat since last Colts season) great... I have replaced roof vents and re-sealed the roof (it did leak when I got it above passenger seat and around vents as you can see in one of the photos). I have tinted it throughout and installed new starter and battery (may need replaced since it has sat)... It rides good and the 454 Chevy Big Block with propane converter and generator is worth $2000 by themselves. 37,000 miles so lots of life left on the motor... This is a 1976 so there are some things that can be done to make it more pleasing on the eye (inside... like it's dated to 1976)... but not trying to make $ just need it gone... I'm guessing the peaked interest may be from deer hunters looking for a good place to camp this season! This motor home is a head turner....

Posts: 1 | Location: Indiana | Member Since: 03-31-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Could you supply some photos of the coach, inside and out as well as a picture of the "Data Tag" so we can better assist you in answering that question.

For a 1976 the tag is located around the drivers side, side window and looks like this.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post