Forums    General Discussions    Mechanic access to Barthmobile..?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Mechanic access to Barthmobile..?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted
musing here aaannnddd risking Violence a hail of fire...but... anyone ever give their mechanic's access to Barth Forums so they could check solutions to probs they might be stumped on? I Know, I know..they shouldn't be stumped on anything..but..lots of good solutions to just about everything Barth on here..
just curious, temp password maybe or just plain, a bad idea..?

Mike/Cindi W

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Neat thought, I live in a town of 30k or so, only one mechanic in town will work on my Glassnose, so if I could find a guy I would give him any help he may need.

Even stranger is the tire folks, the Goodyear and Firestone Michelin dealers did not want to sell me tires. Had to go to some off the wall non-associated dealer.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
There is nothing "special" about joining Barthmobile.

Anyone can join and/or read for free...
all they need is an interest
in the wonderful world of BARTH

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Mike, Doug Smiley is correct. Anyone can join here. If your mechanic has a problem you may have to show him how to do diligent searches.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
We already have some pretty good mechanics here, with the advantage of familiarity with Barth idiosyncrasies.

Things covered have been everything from headlight relays to engine swaps.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike/Cindi W:
musing here aaannnddd risking Violence a hail of fire...but... anyone ever give their mechanic's access to Barth Forums so they could check solutions to probs they might be stumped on? I Know, I know..they shouldn't be stumped on anything..but..lots of good solutions to just about everything Barth on here..
just curious, temp password maybe or just plain, a bad idea..?

Mike/Cindi W

Actually I believe this is already underway. One of the best features of this site is our archives. If you Google an RV topic chances are good you get a BM.com hit. Considering the number of other brands and the large number of nonBarth owners we are highly over represented. This is one of the reasons why I do so many projects and post pictures, to continue building the archives. Sadly as our older owners continue to age out, the new younger members and mechanics have much less background knowlege. (Many of them have never SEEN a carburetor except on a lawn mower!) No more points and tuneups, etc.

Case in point: My engine swap pulled in about 1000 views while it was underway. Since then it has over 41,000 views, not all Barth people by any means!

Please encourage any mechanics to share part numbers and sources as well. We love photos too. If you have good pics we can help get them here.

Good luck to all finding competent mechanics who are willing to work with our orphans!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Crazyshakespeare13
posted Hide Post
I agree with Steve....I was only able to find one shop in a 40 mile radius that will even look at mine. I shutter to think what will happen when they close.

Posts: 69 | Location: Ft. Worth | Member Since: 01-02-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Mike you can give this to your mechanic. I do understand that your rig is somewhat of a cross between a Regency and Breakaway. Still a Breakaway? Ted has a fantastic idea here though.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post