Tools
Reply To This Topic

Alcoa wheels
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted
Oh Kay? whats the besy way to polish these wheels? And whats the best stuff to use on them?

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Larry and Heidi in CA>
posted
Hi Eric, I use extra fine steel wool with "MOTHERS Mag and aluminum polish. My wheels were really dull and filthy and didn't have any shine at all. Consider using disposable gloves. I purchased the 10 oz container of "Mothers" as it was a better value then the tiny jars. I dip the end of one steel wool ball in the Mothers and firmly and evenly rub on one quadrant of the wheel.Using as many clean rags as possible briskly rub off the area you just treated. Rotate your rags as much as possible. I was amazed at the results. Mine came out like chrome and it took very little effort. I did all four wheels in less than three hours. Dependent on how bad your wheels are, you might want to try the polish without the steel wool first. Mine were really bad. Thanks again for the fuel tank info!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Larry and Heidi in CA>
posted
Oh I forgot to mention that I too have the Alcoa's.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
After you polish them, you might want to seal them with Zoopseal. I've never used it, but it supposed to leave a clear ceramic coating for about 3 years. No polishing!

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/12
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Creepy Cawler
posted Hide Post
After using your Mother's or any other type polish take a dry rag and put some of your wifes cornstarch on the rag and wipe the wheeel It will make the wheel shine better because it cleans the access polish off the alum. As a retired truck owner operator this is a trick I learned from people who polish alum for a living. 1st post so I hope I do this right!

Posts: 140 | Location: Freedom Pa. U.S.A | Member Since: 04-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post