Forums    General Discussions    OK I have had it..
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

OK I have had it..
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
Here I start to think we have some sort of comaraderie going here. I am starting to get used to the 12 inches of snow out there (not really)and recognizing that it is there until April and it's either too hot or too cold, turn the heat up Dave, turn it down Dave. And then Gary and Susan (SUGAR) send me this

All for kicking them out of the group raise your hand.

But we won't tell them until there back from that horrible Mexican town there in right now.

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited December 14, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited December 15, 2003).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Is it just me? i can't open their picture....of course from what dave said maybe it is better that i don't.....sigh.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of GaryG
posted Hide Post
This "horrible Mexican town" is just a beach with the nearest town, Teacapan, about 7 miles south if you have a map. It's a terrific location for anyone headed this way. Rancho de Los Angeles. Read Church's Camping in Mexico for the best info on campsites down here. I couldn't open the picture either but then I have the 360 degree view and don't need a virtual image.
Shovel away, guys. My shovel is for sand only, not snow. The biggest issue of the day is whether or not to put up a wind barrier. Late in the day the wind shifts around to come off the ocean and it is cooling but a mite strong. Very calm this morning and the surf is up. cheers.....

------------------
Susie and Gary (SUGAR)
'95 Barth Regency 34'
'96 Explorer

Posts: 109 | Location: Abiquiu, NM | Member Since: 05-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave now i can see the picture but i think it has been faked....they really aren't there they are still at home . I think we need to take up a collection and send someone down there to verify they are really there.... and since it is my idea i have dibs on going so hurry up folks and send in your money so we can catch them in this fraud!!!

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Well I guess I am just always the experimenter. I have been using Image Station to host my images because they did not have a maximum number of images I can have online. But I received an email encouraging me to try another so I did.

Part of the problem is most of these photo sites want to sell you stuff so and they don't allow you to link to the photo, which is what I do when there is an image on line. We guess what? I only linked for a day then they shut it of. I don't know why I even tried something new. Images Station is great. So the photo of that beach is up.

After all, who would want to be sitting on a warm sandy beach somewhere when you can be here in Minnesota. I am so looking forward to the 6-10 inches of snow we are supposed to get tonight

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Yes brilliant idea Strawberry, Arizona man. Your front yard probably looks the same with a golf course instead of Gulf of something. I think you do have a point there and I indeed do feel a certain need to protect one of our own from themselves. But, I think I am the only regular poster who has met these folks and so the rest of you would have a hard time recognizing them. Now Mike Cropper who frequents the site has met them, but I received an email from him and he is on his way here to Minnesota today. So he just ain't very smart, (forget the engineering degrees and the fact that he invents medical miracles). Yep, I guess I better get right down there and see if those folks are OK.....

------------------

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited December 15, 2003).]

posted Hide Post
No Dave my front yard was looking more like yours...thursday nite we had 2 inches of snow. Most of it is gone now but there is still some in the shady areas. Temp tonite is supposed to be 18 or lower. Hey! i am already halfway there so it wouldn't cost as much to send me and i have seen enough pictures of their barth that i would have no problems recognizing it.......that is if it really was there!

Picture of GaryG
posted Hide Post
Actually we're trying to discourage too many people from coming down this way....myths of danger, bad water, poor roads (which is true in many places!) banditos, etc.....gotta protect pristine conditions wherever possible. We're really on an exploratory trip to see what's possible, how much it costs, where the best locations are, how long we can stay out in SUGAR comfortably, etc, etc...The extra room outside on the patio helps a lot. Oh yes, and for lunch we had local, fresh shrimp cocktails and a cervezo. If you want more pictures as evidence, let us know.

------------------
Susie and Gary (SUGAR)
'95 Barth Regency 34'
'96 Explorer

Posts: 109 | Location: Abiquiu, NM | Member Since: 05-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your enjoying this aren't you? You remind me of the BULLY that pushed everyone off the sidewalk around my grade school. My sister went to see live and in person Frankie Lane in the early 50's and when he walked out on the stage all the girls SCREAMED AND JUMPED. He walked right up to the edge of the stage with his toes hanging over the edge,looked down and said. "SUFFER YOU ALL SUFFER " Sugar's you like doing this don't you? Dave, they can't come to the rally cause they will bring more pictures and stories. MAYBE

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hey Dale,

Sure they can come to the rally, but we are going to get back at them. Let them worry about how while the're sitting down there on that beach. ha ha ha ha ha (that was an evil laught)

------------------

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Picture of GaryG
posted Hide Post
Well guys, there's not a whole lot to worry about down here. That's why we're here! Big issue yesterday was whether to buy Modelo or Corona.
Shadow Man's post in Tech indicated there may be some seriously interested in where we are and what we're learning and we will be more than glad to answer any questions as far as our limited experience here and elsewhere provides.
Church's book, Camping in Mexico is a valuable source of good information but there's nothing like experiencing it first hand. As for Dale and Dave, you guys read the book and look at the pictures and we will confirm them, check them out thoroughly in person and let you know how sweet it is.

------------------
Susie and Gary (SUGAR)
'95 Barth Regency 34'
'96 Explorer

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Dave, Dave, Dave,

What could be nicer than driving along 52 south of the twin cities (between Rochester and Minn.) in blowing snow, wind chill temps in the low teens, 40 to 50 MPH winds blowing the snow? Dave, you live in the winter paradise, right? Well, at least the 4WD helped. It turned out to be a nice adventure. Working with the folks at Mayo and other companies in the area provide lots of opportunities to drive in your northern snow belt.

Posts: 175 | Location: Edgewood, KY, USA | Member Since: 08-26-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Mike, Mike, Mike,

I told you that you were steping into the mouth of the snow dragon when you come up here. And, forget that Winter Wonderland stuff.

but I am glad you medical heroes are going through all of this to keep us well..

God Bless you and give Janet a big hug for us.

------------------

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Picture of GaryG
posted Hide Post
Dave, Dave, Dave and Mike, Mike, Mike....you poor babies. Well, take heart, we will suffer here in the heat (70 degrees) for you. Oh yeah, check out our "album". Thanks Dave for the heads up on Image Station. (This is from Susie, as we speak Gary is out swimming with the dolphins...really!)

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288304749

(Hope this works)

------------------
Susie and Gary (SUGAR)
'95 Barth Regency 34'
'96 Explorer

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Gary and Susie,
This seems to be a fairly jealous crew, but but each of us will get our chance to travel down the road.

For a change of pace, skip the cerveza and try the tequila. It improves the sunset and sometimes the sunrise as well. The only thing I would ask is that those secluded campsites you come across are kept private, except of course to those who frequent Barthmobile.com.

In the mean time we can all live vicariously through the two of you. Please continue to share your travels with us. Keep that digital camera clicking and post lots of pictures. We have had over 24 inches of snow here in Massachusetts so far this year and Mexico looks great.

------------------
Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post