Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Black Water Tank Leak
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com11/10
Picture of Bill & Sonja
posted
Hello Barth gang. I have sprung a seeping leak in my black water tank. We're travelling and are in Las Vegas now and willing to travel some distance as long as there is no snow. Has anyone had experience with such a problem and found a competent and willing repair facility for such a problem in Nevada/Arizona. I believe it can be patched or welded but it will be quite a job to get out to access the (as yet unkown) repair location.
Bill

1987 Newell ~ 40ft Widebody
2x f/o's: 1988 Barth - 33 Ft. SE tag axle & 1976 Barth - 24 Ft.

Posts: 115 | Location: Calgary - Alberta & B.C., Canada | Member Since: 09-17-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
I can't help with the service shop suggestions, but I can say that Eternabond makes a product for sealing tanks. They have instructional videos at www.eternabond.com - I've used their roof sealing tape with great results.

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Do you know the material of the tank?

Regardless of the material, if you have to remove the tank to access the leak area, having it welded would be best.

If you can access the leak without removal, 3M DP-8005 would work well if it is PE or one of the plastics they list. Grainger usually carries it or can get it in a day or so.

If it is ABS, you can make a slurry of shavings or filings and ABS cement and apply it to the roughed-up damaged area.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post