Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth wax
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted
Anyone had the streaking problem after putting on that "new finish" car wax? Last year I used "Mothers" cleaner wax and there was no black streaking problem (from rain water dripping down the side of the coach). This year I applied the cleaner wax and then finished with that "New Finish" because it is supposed to be harder, and it also yields about 5% higher gloss. I had to wheel it out again from mid way up. Lucky for me, it is short! Wink

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted Hide Post
I know how you feel! Jeff was up at 6:30am to re-polish the Barth.

He gave her a bath last night and thought some awesome cleaner would be just the added punch he was looking for.......as it turned out it was all white streaks.

He was wishing we had a 19 footer.

Posts: 144 | Location: wolverine, michigan | Member Since: 07-24-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
I think the white streaks are due to roof residue. We get it after a rain, usually on the windshield, as water drips from the brow. A nuisance that wipes off easily.
The black streaks occur over a longer time on the sides and back. I bought a pump spray bottle of "RV BLACK STREAK REMOVER". That's what it's called. Don't use it much because it's just as easy to give Chester a wash. I really like "Truck Wash", it cleans and shines at the same tme and doesn't leave streaks after rinsing it off.
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post