Forums    General Discussions    1966 Barth Travel Trailer?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1966 Barth Travel Trailer?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
We recently purchased a 1966 Arrow Flint travel trailer. We were told by someone that it was made by Barth. After looking through this site it does look like it could be a Barth. It has riveted aluminum skin and it even has cherry wood cabinetry. Did Barth make travel trailers in 1966? I could take a digital picture if you'd like to see it. Thanks!

Posts: 4 | Member Since: 08-04-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I seem to have heard of Arrow Flint Travel Trailers, I am not an expert but have breezed through the various vintage travel trailer websites. I do have a brochure for a 1965 Barth Continental.

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited August 05, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited August 05, 2003).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
We bought our first travel trailer at an RV show in Washington, D.C., in 1969. The same dealer handled Barths, over which we drooled, but found the cost prohibitive.

They were indeed riveted aluminum, and, as I recall, were trimmed in black, or had dark anodized window frames.

They probably were already making them in 1966.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the brochures but I wasn't able to see them because it said I was tryimg to access something outside imagestation.com.

posted Hide Post
Thanks, Dave. Whatever you did to the images made them come through loud and clear. That is very similar to what our trailer looks like. Ours is in very nice shape and we've been doing a little work on things like cushions, curtains, and flooring but otherwise everything works, including the original air conditioner.

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I just slapped the side of my computer monitor. My dear departed Dad used to tell me that when he worked with mules in the 1920's they were the smartest animals you could deal with. But sometimes in the morning you had to wop them up the side of the head with a 2x4 to get their attention. Well sometimes my computer is just like that.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mules in Minnesota? Ya shore ya betcha. I grew up in Arden Hills, how's the weather there?