Forums    General Discussions    map the BARTHS~~ WHY????
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

map the BARTHS~~ WHY????
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
I just checked out the mAp the Barth members and counted only 98 pins for North America!
Is there only that few members on this site?
Why are the rest of you people NOT using it?

Cmon give me a real good reason!!

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I agree Doug, but am guessing they have their reason.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Smiley:
I just checked out the mAp the Barth members and counted only 98 pins for North America!
We have a total of 112 pins in the map - 2 members are listed twice because they split their time between 2 states. We also have 1 pin for the Barth Factory. Like you, there are 6 people who do not own Barths that are on the map.
quote:
Is there only that few members on this site?
We have 1855 registered members. Out of those, we have 595 different people who are registered that have been on our site within the last 12 months. We have had 360 of those 595 post here. So in reality we only have 360 active posters within the last 12 months.

The good news is we've been able to account for 265 Barths through our continuing efforts. Thanks Nick!!! Thumbs Up

Keep in mind that the vast majority of people here are Guest who happened by our site looking for info. Normally you'll see a 1-3 or better ratio of members vs. guest
quote:
Why are the rest of you people NOT using it?
The old adage of honey, bees and vinegar seems appropriate here. I just have never figured out why someone is looking to get bees, but I digress.
quote:
Cmon give me a real good reason!!
I don't like talking for people and/or putting words in someones mouth but I'll give it a go. I think what you really meant to say was...

"Bill has put forth some effort building a map and so few people use it. It seems like such a valuable resource and if you agree might I suggest that you consider adding your information to the map and also the data tag project."

The data tag project helps members on our site and it further builds a working understanding and helps us keep track of the remaining Barths still tooling around our great highways.

The map is a resource for members who travel and might want to visit each other on the road. It gives you a good idea of who is around your intended travel and it lets you figure out who might have the skinny on the area you wish to travel.

Nothing is compulsory on our site... Except for laughing at my lame jokes/puns etc... Big Grin

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
I am a member of Rotary and perhaps some of you are also. One of the benefits is that wherever you travel you can find a friend. The Map Project is the same - If everyne registers we can all find a friend with a Barth as we travel. It works!!

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Bill NY, I wonder if you want to put pins representing my 29' 1977 coach's location. Some of it is in Mass., some on Long Island, parts are in Cal.,Fl., Ind. and Ohio. Then again maybe not.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post