Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Rude Response From a RV Customer Service
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted
I made the mistake of contacting Charlotte RV Service Center in Charlotte Harbor, FL to ask for service records for work they performed on this Barth. I must have asked at a bad time because customer service response was rude and unprofessional. I can understand their policy for not releasing it to me due to privacy concerns but when I asked if the original owner could get approve it or get the info and forward it to me, they refused. Bottom line, I certainly wouldn't recommend them for service. This is especially true after seeing the repair work they did and having to have it re-accomplished next week.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
I must have asked at a bad time because customer service response was rude and unprofessional. I can understand their... "

A bad time? ANY customer contact, at ANY time, comes at a GOOD TIME! The market will punish them (is already, I'll wager).

"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
When I said I must have asked at a bad time, that was somewhat tongue in cheek. I was quite surprised at the response I got. It was similar to the response I got when calling a RV service center here in Colorado Springs that had been rcommended to me. I quickly found out that they don't work on the chassis or associated items, just the coach. Okay, they don't do the engine work I needed (radiator hose) no problem, needless to say, because of her response, they won't be working on my coach either. I'm looking for someone to service this thing, both inside and out, and it all starts with the reception I get over the phone.

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I once had a boss who told me, "I can't afford even ONE angry customer, and neither can YOU."

I got his meaning.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Because we imported the Regency into this country it had to be "safety & emissions certified" by a licenced repair facility before we could get Ontario tags.
Not being familiar with big diesels or, in our case Spartan chassis, we had not a clue where to go. I stopped by a house a few miles from us with a big old Foretaravel in the driveway and the guy was great. It's a 1988 with a Cat3208 and he told us to try the smaller independent bus garage he uses. So far they have been great. So, any perfect strangers 'round near were you live with older diesel who you could cold call on. Might be worth a shot.
Also you could search the yellow pages for a bus repair place you could cal and get a feel for. Must be something like that in most bigger centres.
Good luck
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Raymag
posted Hide Post
The best place , I found, to have my Spartan Chassis worked on is a school bus garage. There is one near where I live who advertise that their diesel shop is opened to the RV community. This is a win-win situation for both parties since their slow period is in the summer.

I hope this will help

Real

1991 Breakaway 30Ft
5.9L Cummins Diesel
Spartan Frame
4 Speed Allison Model 542
Front Entrance
Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension

Posts: 126 | Location: Shefford, QC Canada | Member Since: 08-02-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
Awesome idea! I'll check around in the morning and see if any of the school districts here in Colorado Springs offer the same.

"Stagecoach"
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I use Tampa Spring (Tampa, and Ocala, FL) for any suspension-related items. Town Tire (Gainesville, FL) has a commercial vehicle shop. Both the Ocala Tampa Brake and Town Tire are only a couple of minutes off of I-75. For more normal service, I use City Boy's Tire and Brake (Alachua and High Springs, FL).

I mention these here only for the interest of those passin' through north FL.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
We were supposed to be passing through on the way to Disney World in October but cost and time constraints have changed that trip to air.

"Stagecoach"
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle