Tools
Reply To This Topic

Vietnam War
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted
On July 5, 1975, President Gerald Ford announced the end of the Vietnam War. At a speech at Tulane University, President Ford said, "The Vietnam War is finished as far as America is concerned".
Please remember all of the men and women who served the cause of freedom during that time. They are all heroes.

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Thank you for this history lesson . Unfortunately , the media no longer reports on American History unless they can put a negative political spin on it .

Thank you to all who are currently serving and have previously served our great nation . The majority of Americans support and are proud of our Military and Law Enforcement .

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Remember "Heroes Don't wear Capes. They wear Dog Tags."

Nick Cagle
Viet Nam Veteran

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Spoken by a true hero. Thank you, Nick. We all owe you and your brothers a debt of gratitude.

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Grandfather was a MARINE. Unfortunately I lost him 6 years ago. He served two tours in Korea as a Cook. I had the pleasure of Marching with our local Marine corps League here in Lima, OH on Several occasions while him and my grandmother rode behind us in the float. At my Grandfather's Funeral the Marine corps League Commandant Called out Cadiance for him once last time as we carried his casket into the Mausoleum chapel. I was able to give him a new USMC hat that I purchased at a flying J truckstop and bought one for myself so we would have matching hats. I had no idea that would be the last time I would have that opportunity. Still miss Him! Thank God for ALL our Veterans!!!! Semper Fi!!!!

Posts: 8 | Location: Lima, Ohio  | Member Since: 07-17-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing that wonderful story about your Granddad. It's so clear that you loved him.

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Remember, "Heroes don't wear capes, They wear Dog Tags." Oops, I already said that didn't I.

Nick
Viet Nam Veteran

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to share it!

Posts: 8 | Location: Lima, Ohio  | Member Since: 07-17-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Remember, "Heroes don't wear capes, They wear Dog Tags."

Maybe not repeated enough.
Salute "Heroes don't wear capes, They wear Dog Tags."

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's for sure!