Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1966 Barth travel trailer
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hello;
Just signed up yesterday after visiting many times in search of information about my 1966 Barth trailer (D9-394-22). I am hoping to bring in back from a very deep 14 year sleep. It has been under cover the whole time and in a really dry climate, so I think we'll be O.K. My grandparents were the original owners. Didn't want to do a mediocre restore job, so the project starts right here. I was encouraged by the impressive wealth of knowledge and devotion to all things Barth that I found. Many questions shall be forthcoming. Meanwhile, there were some requests for photos yesterday, so here ya go...
Bodie Bill

1966 22' Barth All-American Travel Trailer

Posts: 10 | Location: Orange, CA. | Member Since: 08-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Bill, is that the Chevy Truck used to tow the trailer? Good luck on your project and thanks for posting the pictures.

I told you yesterday, but for the benefit of the other members this is the oldest unit we have information on.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope, that's a different one, the '62. It wouldn't make it out the driveway with that thing.
BTW thanks for all the helpful info and links. I have been reading to the point of temporary blindness. If I can unbury this thing and find original looking tires, better pics will follow.

Posts: 10 | Location: Orange, CA. | Member Since: 08-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Here's the tag for the trailer, located by the door.

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Nice! Thank you for the pictures of what is currently our oldest Barth that we have documented. Thumbs Up

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

A few pictures of the Barth trailers prime mover. Back after 10 years and two other owners. This same truck pulled this trailer all over the US and western Canada. Gotta keep it classic...BB

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bodie Bill:
This same truck pulled this trailer all over the US and western Canada.
Like a Rock.

What year is the "Prime Mover" and what ya got in it?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What year is the "Prime Mover" and what ya got in it?
That is a 1973 Chevrolet 3/4 ton Custom Deluxe-C20 with a 454 big block. My grandfather installed another 25 gallon gas tank just to make it through the desert on the long hauls.