Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

SOB question
 Login now/Join our community

posted
OK, now Dale coined this "Something Other than Barth" phrase, so y'all don't burn me at the stake please! :-)

Thinking of going to a slightly larger coach. The 28' Regency was fine for me and the wife but travelling with extra family members makes me want a little more space (31-33' maybe) and hill climbing power. Anyway, I'm looking at the diesel option (I think that is spelled TORQUE) and came across some seemingly good pricing on .....cross yourself....... Winnebago coaches. Anyone here compare the quality between the Barth and the Winn? I assume that a power train is a power train and is equal in all coaches. ??

P.S. Dave, do I have to wash my mouth with soap for mentioning SOB in this forum?

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Ron, I don't know your price range, but the last two posts in the "Barths for sale" forum would be ideal for you (93, 30.5 footer and the 94, 33 footer). Winnebagos and Barths shouldn't be spoken of in the same breath. Winny's may have some glitz, but the quality isn't there. Bill

------------------
William B. Goodwin

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Winnebagos offer good value, but the quality is nowhere near the Barth. We just spent all day at the L.A. RV show. We were disappointed with the top of the line Vectra, by Winnebago. No cigar. A lower price CC would be a better deal.

Have you looked at older Bluebirds? They are built like anvils.

Does your budget allow a used Foretravel?

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I just needed someone to throw a bucket of cold water on me and help me regain my senses. :-)

I kind if figured as much concerning the quality of build. I haven't done a lot of hands-on inspections except for some Hol Rams
when we were starting our search. I think youn pegged it with the "glitz-is-there" statement. I gotta admit that the Vectra's waste water handling setup looks very well done though as does the one ducted AC system.

I'll look at the leads in our forum as well as do a B'Bird search. Thanks again for the wakeup.

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post