Forums    General Discussions    Products We Like.
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Products We Like.
 Login now/Join our community

The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
I second Jack's motion.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Mitsubishi CRT tv's. I bought a 32" in 1995, have carted it(about 75#) all over Eastern US, and it refuses to die so I can get a new flat screen LED. And the picture is very good.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
We like Rescue Tape. Fix anything on your car or truck or motorhome (hoses etc). Takes the heat and sticks without glue.www.rescuetape.com
self-fusing, permanent seal, waterproof, air tight, 700 psi strength, resists 500F, insulates 8000 Volts.
Radiator hoses, wires bundles all. mechanic

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Pressure Pro Tire monitors, ColdFire fire extinguishers, (haven't had to use them but sure glad i got them), X-12 torque multiplier for taking off and on my wheels, and gear wrenches for getting into places a socket won't fit, and where an open end/box end wrench can only move about 1/16 of a turn.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Almost forgot, Fumoto drain valve for easier/cleaner oil changes. Smiler

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Anything made by BMW or KTM.

or....perhaps I just like companies that have three letter acronyms instead of full names hmm

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
2 words- Budwieser, and I forgot the other one.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow man:
Almost forgot, Fumoto drain valve for easier/cleaner oil changes. Smiler

I use the Fumoto, but only if the drain is located where it will NEVER EVER get biffed. It is fragile, and cannot take much impact.

Changing the filter has been messier for me than the oil, generally. I like the Fumoto where the drain is, as I said, in a safe location, but also where it would be difficult and/or messy without it. Boat, 4WD, etc.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by noble97monarch:
Anything made by BMW.

My daily ride is a BMW, but I am suspicious of the later ones that have Chinese engines.

quote:
or....perhaps I just like companies that have three letter acronyms instead of full names hmm

Easy to spell and pronounce, too.

The best bike I ever owned was pronounced Oooskvaarna. Sewing machine, too. Their marketers renamed the sewing machine Viking, as they found people were less likely to buy a product with a strange name.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KTM is Austrian, hope they still are!!!

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, KTM are still pure Austrian built.

Company has its origins in Ohio where John Penton designed the first Penton Motorcycles, but had them built by KTM. KTM later took over what was left of the company and has been on the quest of building the best off-road bikes in the world. Some of us think they have neatly accomplished it.

Recently I was at a Suzuki sponsored 100 mile Enduro. I would say 85% of the bikes there were KTMs. What was Suzuki thinking!!!

Corey PS: I also have a BMW ad my daily driver, 2003 M3 Cab w/SMG

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by noble97monarch:

Company has its origins in Ohio where John Penton designed the first Penton Motorcycles,

John Penton was one of my idols back when. His boys were always stunningly fast in District 37 enduros.

I still mourn the passing of his Full Bore rear tires from the market. Nothing stood up as well in the CA desert. I actually finished an enduro on a totally flat rear. Actually, the whole line was great.....boots, chain, you name it. If his name went on it, it was the best.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
I have a Hardy outside wood furnace, it's the H-4 180,000 btu. All stainless steel, heats the house, my studio and hot water for both. My brother has had one since 1994. Like Barths, the Hardy is overbuilt in every way. We live in a 4 square farmhouse built in 1914 with beadboard walls and ceilings which provide us with a nearly negative r value for insulation by having air leaks in every board in the house. We have no plaster walls or drywall. Having the Hardy furnace makes heating our house practical.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
I had a penton in ohio also had 1962 grand prix wish had them now.Check hemmings
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/12
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Creepy Cawler
posted Hide Post
I had a 55 Chevy HT and a 70 Pontiac t37 I'd like to have in the garage. Shadow Man where did you get your X12 multi. I had one and sold it to the guy who bought my van trailer. Didn't have the Barth then. Hard to find a pipe long enough to take off the wheel lugs!

Posts: 140 | Location: Freedom Pa. U.S.A | Member Since: 04-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post