Forums    General Discussions    Products We Like.
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Products We Like.
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted
I just thought it would be a good idea to share positive experiences on products or companies that have done well for us, and that we would recommend for another Barther.

As a big crab about poor quality and lousy customer service, I am always glad to sing and dance about a company or a product.

I'll start.

A month or so ago, the sun got lower, the days got shorter, and the clouds took up residence over the coast. This meant that our solar farm on the roof got less sun. So much less, in fact, that I had to fire up the Kohler Klanker on a weekend outing. The next week, I clambered up and took some measurements.

Sure enough, one panel had dropped to half voltage, indicating a connector failure in the array under the glass, and its twin was intermittent. I suspect these problems developed some time ago, and did not show themselves until the sun got scarce, since the other panels carried the load.

Both panels were Kyocera, so I wrote them, giving detailed information including the serial numbers. They said they were part of a batch that had bad solder or something, and regardless, their 25 year warranty would cover them. Soon, two rebuilt panels arrived, with a return shipping label.

Gotta love a company like that.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
My newly installed Norcold reefer had a warped door. Sent photos and received the replacement in 5 days from the first contact.

I got my replacement engine from Peninsular Diesels in MI. Had a turbo problem (that turned out to be the air filter); had the replacement in a week.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
good for you

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Chocolate.... ROTFLMAO

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow man:
Chocolate.... ROTFLMAO

Yeah.........Especially Dove Promises. Dark. Kept cold in the fridge. Pop in 4 raw (room temperature) almonds, chew a few times, then pop in the cold Dove Dark and enjoy.

And Lindt Intense Orange.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Carhart's Zipper was crushed by me with an errand blow of a hammer. Called to see what it would cost to have repaired. Sent it in and it was returned like new no charge and postage paid.

Smiler All who wander are not lost.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
I use a Canon power shot a60 for my pictures on line. I took it to Missouri where it quit working because of high humidity. Canon fixed it free and paid shipping both ways. This is a camera that is near 10 years old.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Fan-Tastic Vent Inc, Imlay City, MI

Regardless of the age of your ceiling fan, it's almost impossible to get charged for replacement parts, even if you explain that it was a self-induced Oops.....I'll never buy a different brand.

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
I have a upright Snap-On battery charger that I bought on Craigslist w/out a handle for cheap. I ordered the handle from snap-on and it never came, so I called them and they said it was no longer available and I would have to purchase the whole handle and installation kit. I told them it was available w/out the installation kit when I ordered it online. They sent me the whole thing for free (with the installation kit) and didnt even charge shipping.

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
TiVo: I currently have 7 of these. If your TiVo fails, while under contract, they will send you a replacement one for free. Even if it is 10 years old and your contract is going to expire in a few months.

Netxel: I purchased a phone from them and the bottom charge port rubber tore off and wouldn't seal. While walking around a NASCAR track, one of their salesman called me over and asked what happened to my cover. I told them I was lazy one day and forgot to snap it back on. He took it over to the repair booth and replaced the entire bottom half for free.

I contacted Whirlpool because my 10 year old ice maker started to have the black plastic lower water scooper tray pieces break off. I was going to replace it myself but called them because I needed the parts. They sent out a repair man and did the entire job for free.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Moen faucets - Don't know if I would say that I like it but they have certainly stood behind their product. When we remodeled the kitchen, Donna bought an expensive Moen faucet. Twice, it has developed a slow drip leak. Both times a call to the service center and a service kit that includes all the internal works was sent out at no charge.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Fan-Tastic Vent Inc, Imlay City, MI

Regardless of the age of your ceiling fan, it's almost impossible to get charged for replacement parts, even if you explain that it was a self-induced Oops

I have to echo the same. I used the wrong cleaner on my dome, and fogged it. They sent me a new one.

quote:
I'll never buy a different brand.

I have a FF and a Turbo/MaXX. I like them both, for different reasons. Each was chosen for a particular reason. See comparison on Roof Vent Thread.

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sloop John B:
Carhartt's Zipper was crushed by me with an errant blow of a hammer.

Yeah. I always wondered what it took to hurt a Carhartt. That stuff is TOUGH!. Susan calls my Carhartt fleece-lined vest my Flak Vest, since it is so thick and was so stiff when new.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
I bought a Progressive Electrical Management System Model EMS-50TC about 2 years ago. It would cut out when voltage got over 132 volts, had power company come check transformer output and they put a system on to check several days and the high was not over 126 volts at the plug in over the several days and checked the outlet out at 126 volts while the EMS was showing 132 volts and shut down. It was reading 6 volts over what was going in. I sent the EMS back to Progressive and they sent a new one to replace. Would buy from them again.
Sky and Anne
Smiler

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
My product of the year award goes to Bill N.Y. and Our Barthmobile group. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
I learn so much valuable information every time I peruse the postings, that its value is beyond measure.

Vectra Grand Tour 34
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post