Tools
Reply To This Topic

Recipes
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
I remember many years ago we started a thread about our favorite recipes that were convenient to make while RVing. We have a bunch of newer members since then so maybe we could hear from some of them. Favorite adult beverages are included in this conversation.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
This should be a good thread , we like to eat Thumbs Up

Cooking for a group , one of our favorites is Haystacks.

Ground Beef seasoned into taco meat
Rice
Corn chips : Fritos works well
Grated Cheese
shredded Lettuce
diced fresh Tomatoes
Chopped fresh Onion
chopped fresh Bell pepper
Pico
Refried beans
Salsa and sour cream , if desired

I start with a bed of rice
Next a layer of taco meat
Add a layer of crushed corn chips
Sprinkle in onion and bell pepper
A layer of lettuce
Add tomatoes and cheese
Add some pico
A little salsa and sour cream to taste

Each plate is customized to an individual's taste and with little work you can feed lots of folks Smiler

Remember , cooking in cast iron makes everything taste better Smiler

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lettuce

quote:
Pico

..what is pico>>

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2584 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Pico :

Diced tomato
Onion
Bell pepper
Cilantro
Jalapeno peppers
Jalapeno juice
Lime juice
Salt

There are recipes online , we buy it pre-made at the grocery store Smiler

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Some of you may remember this super simple one from the GTGs.
Kielbasa sliced in 3" chunks
1/2 can beer and equal amount BBQ sauce
Cook in a small crock pot several hours

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Yum. Great for breakfast ROTFLMAO

Hum (aka Jim)

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
BUFFALO SHRIMP Got 2 Lb Georgia wild shrimp today from a small local fish store. Peeled and deveined them, tossed them in 1/3 cup cornstarch, fried in hot oil, then heated 1/2 cup Franks Hot Sauce with 3 Tbsp Butter and tossed my shrimp in it. Served with Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing and potato salad.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Long ago favorite tavern did their wings similarly but instead of butter used a dab of grape jelly to make the sauce stick!

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Marvin, hold the potato salad, but the shrimp sounds utterly fantastic! Hard to find fresh ones here in Iowa though!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Fabian Seafood from Galveston Texas sets up shop in Iowa City at a Dairy Queen (?) several times per week, according to their website. Not sure if that is convenient but their refrigerated trucks leave for the mid west every morning about dawn.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom and Julie:
Fabian Seafood from Galveston Texas sets up shop in Iowa City at a Dairy Queen (?) several times per week, according to their website. Not sure if that is convenient but their refrigerated trucks leave for the mid west every morning about dawn.

When the State Park in Iowa City reopens, I will check that out!! Only about 80 miles, Thanks Tom!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
I remember many years ago we started a thread about our favorite recipes that were convenient to make while RVing. We have a bunch of newer members since then so maybe we could hear from some of them. Favorite adult beverages are included in this conversation.

...thread starta way back here>>>

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...841012223#3841012223

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2584 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Tom thanks for that info? I signed up for their alerts. They don’t give a lot of notice but if they get close I can see about getting my seafood fix. I order my crawfish from Louisiana but I will check these out.

I just have to remember my buying from a truck in a parking lot evaluation skills. I used to have them. And yes they were food not 8 track tape decks or watches

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1381 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post